Author Topic: Democrats Complain Republicans Holding Economy, Debt Limit ‘Hostage’  (Read 232 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats Complain Republicans Holding Economy, Debt Limit ‘Hostage’

Sean Moran 22 Jul 2021

Senate Democrats complained Wednesday that Senate Republicans are holding the economy and the debt limit “hostage.”

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said Tuesday that Republicans will not support raising the debt ceiling, a move that could grind Democrats’ infrastructure push to a halt. The debt ceiling expires at the end of July, meaning that the Democrat majority will first have to tackle the debt limit before trying to pass trillions of dollars of infrastructure and social spending.

McConnell’s hard line tactics have  infuriated Democrats.

Senate Finance Committee Chairman Ron Wyden (D-OR) said Wednesday, “Nobody is going to hold the American economy hostage, period, full stop.”

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) said, “The Republicans are trying to extract something, and say that their leverage is they will have the United States default on its legal obligations, which is fundamentally wrong.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/07/22/democrats-complain-republicans-holding-economy-debt-limit-hostage/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Sounds like the democrats are angry someone else is playing with their toys.

Offline LMAO

I’ve seen this game too many times. Republicans in the minority party, they make noise about the debt, Democrats cry “Republicans are holding our economy hostage,” Republicans take Congress the following election year, Republicans proceed to raise the debt ceiling for more spending on their part
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online berdie

I’ve seen this game too many times. Republicans in the minority party, they make noise about the debt, Democrats cry “Republicans are holding our economy hostage,” Republicans take Congress the following election year, Republicans proceed to raise the debt ceiling for more spending on their part

If I didn't know better, I would think it was all planned out in advance. :laugh:

Offline corbe

If these azzholes read and understood history they know the turtle will fold like a cheap suit.  It's all kabuki theatre. 
   Our grandkids will wonder why we bought the ticket to this show.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

Same old schlitz -- the notorious blame game in which the GOP accomplishes nothing.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.