Author Topic: ‘Criminals are winning’: Brazen thieves calmly stroll out of TJ Maxx with armfuls of clothes  (Read 771 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Criminals are winning’: Brazen thieves calmly stroll out of TJ Maxx with armfuls of clothes
July 22, 2021 | Robert Jonathan

The change in California law that downgraded shoplifting from a felony to a misdemeanor, with no prison time attached depending on the dollar amount of the property theft, is having real-world, real-time effects. It is also perhaps giving a new meaning to the term wardrobe malfunction.

Case in point: Two alleged thieves were caught on cell phone video on Monday afternoon nonchalantly sauntering out of a Los Angeles-area TJ Maxx apparently carrying armfuls of merchandise and an oversized giant duffel bag presumably filled with more apparel. They left the scene in a black sedan, and they are still at large.

Voters in the once Golden State passed a 2014 referendum known as Proposition 47 that made public pilfering up to $950 a mere misdemeanor which has prompted discount shopping across California from price-conscious crooks. Shoplifting is reportedly on the rise in the blue state, where Democrats control all the levers of state government.

“If they’re caught, they’re probably given the equivalent of a traffic ticket,” LAPD Sgt. Jerretta Sandoz told CBS Los Angeles. “So it’s not taken seriously.”

“They didn’t even run out; they walked out,” Sgt. Sandoz noted about the Granada Hills TJ Maxx incident. “And so, that’s sending a message that we, the criminals, are winning.”

Watch the video posted by Instagram user influencer:

videos at link
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/07/22/criminals-are-winning-brazen-thieves-calmly-stroll-out-of-tj-maxx-with-armfuls-of-clothes-1107159/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline LMAO

The criminals will win until all the Democrat politicians, specifically the state and city legislators along with the DAs, are voted out of officers
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline dfwgator

They voted for it.

Offline PeteS in CA

They voted for it.

This Californian did not. >40% of Californians voted against Prop 40.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline rustynail

Do we expect them to do without when so many have so much?

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
rustynail...now that was a brilliant assessment.  What makes you think they are doing without?  And the store they stole the merchandise from, they just eat it?  I hope you were being sarcastic, because NO WHERE ELSE in the world are people stupid enough to allow this utter idiocy!!!

I think both should have been arrested on the spot, or shot on the spot if they refused to stop.  Pure ignorance.

Offline libertybele

They are winning because no one is stopping them!  This is a carryover from when BLM/Antifa and other thugs were allowed to tear down the barriers in front of the WH capitol, partially burn St. John's, defund the DC police and instead of the Insurrection Act being implemented they were allowed to continue; all for the sake of politics.  Here we sit.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The communities that are defunding the police, cowtowing to anarchists dedicated to the destruction of the USA, ie. Antifa, and BLM, deserve what they get.  Mssive increases in murder and major crime.  How uncivilized is that?

Yes, we have become weak as a nation to allow this anarchy to thrive.  And the Dems and their billionaire supporters are solidly behind it all.  So the question remain, how many must die, get raped, brutalized before the people with brains take action?  I am afraid ten of thousands will die needlessly. 

The ONLY answer from my view is an extreme response.  A mandatory ten year sentence, no reduction, for anyone committing acts of anarchy.  No where is it written that burning down buildings is remotely associated with peaceful anything.  Believe me, the response if this keeps escalating is a localized civil war, between the criminals and the civilized elements of society which will be forced to kill every criminal in their path.  It will happen.  And the police will not be anywhere to be seen during all of this because they answer to these Democommie politicians committed to the country's destruction.

Offline rustynail

We need to rekindle the spirt of the Roof Top Koreans.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
California Shoplifting Spree Sparks Response to Decriminalizing Petty Theft

Penny Starr 23 Jul 2021

Viral video of people brazenly hauling out merchandize from a TJ Max store in Los Angeles in broad daylight is part of an ongoing shoplifting spree in California that some say is the consequence of a referendum put in place in 2014 to make stealing items priced at $950 or less a misdemeanor.

ABC7 in Los Angeles reported on the video:

“I kept my distance for safety reasons,” the person who recorded the video, who declined to be identified publicly, told ABC7. “My focus was to get a license plate number, but when I lost them behind the SUV. I had to hold back a bit, just in case they were waiting for me. Unfortunately they were able to get into their vehicle parked at a distance and drive away.”

No arrests have been announced in connection with the crime. A Los Angeles Police Department spokesperson said the agency was aware of the incident and that a report was taken.

The theft occurred days before Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a law aimed at curbing organized retail theft, which has been costing California businesses millions of dollars annually. The law reestablishes the crime of organized retail theft, which lawmakers first created in 2018 but allowed to lapse as of July 1. Prosecutors can again seek to charge the crime as either a misdemeanor or a felony.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/07/23/california-shoplifting-spree-sparks-response-to-decriminalizing-petty-theft/
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

The communities that are defunding the police, cowtowing to anarchists dedicated to the destruction of the USA, ie. Antifa, and BLM, deserve what they get.  Mssive increases in murder and major crime.  How uncivilized is that?

Yes, we have become weak as a nation to allow this anarchy to thrive.  And the Dems and their billionaire supporters are solidly behind it all.  So the question remain, how many must die, get raped, brutalized before the people with brains take action?  I am afraid ten of thousands will die needlessly. 

The ONLY answer from my view is an extreme response.  A mandatory ten year sentence, no reduction, for anyone committing acts of anarchy.  No where is it written that burning down buildings is remotely associated with peaceful anything.  Believe me, the response if this keeps escalating is a localized civil war, between the criminals and the civilized elements of society which will be forced to kill every criminal in their path.  It will happen.  And the police will not be anywhere to be seen during all of this because they answer to these Democommie politicians committed to the country's destruction.

I agree with you, but there is no one enforcing the existing laws in the communities that these events are taking place.

The insurrection will continue until it hits home and is in the backyards of DEM politicians.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

Proposition 40 - against which I voted - did not "decriminalize" petty theft. Being convicted of a misdemeanor still results in having a criminal record.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline DB

Proposition 40 - against which I voted - did not "decriminalize" petty theft. Being convicted of a misdemeanor still results in having a criminal record.

Well not really... Because the police don't even bother to arrest someone for these crimes anymore... It is unlikely they'll even take an official report. And even if the cops did make the arrest the courts blow it off...

California is sinking in stupidity regardless if you voted for it or not. And it will take you with it if you stay there. You're being bled daily by the crime and the cost of taxes and purchasing anything that comes with the crime surtax built in.

Offline PeteS in CA

Well not really... Because the police don't even bother to arrest someone for these crimes anymore... It is unlikely they'll even take an official report. And even if the cops did make the arrest the courts blow it off...

California is sinking in stupidity regardless if you voted for it or not. And it will take you with it if you stay there. You're being bled daily by the crime and the cost of taxes and purchasing anything that comes with the crime surtax built in.

1. I worded what I posted carefully: "Being convicted of a misdemeanor still results in having a criminal record."

2. So I should hastily move to some state where ignorami will see my car's license plate and ASSume I'm an invading liberal?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 12:25:31 am by PeteS in CA »

Offline DB

I worded what I posted carefully: "Being convicted of a misdemeanor still results in having a criminal record."

Yes, but it did in fact decriminalize theft and other crimes as an actual result.

Offline PeteS in CA

Reducing certain crimes from a felony to a misdemeanor is not "decriminalizing".

Offline roamer_1

They aren't winning anymore than  the democrats are...

They're not being challenged.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
PeteS observed:
"Reducing certain crimes from a felony to a misdemeanor is not "decriminalizing"."

Yes, you're right.
But you fail to recognize the consequences.

The next step:
Remove ALL criminal penalties for such thefts altogether.

Then they will have become "DE-criminalized".
As in made.... "non-crimes".

If you don't think this is coming...  better think again.