Author Topic: Dem Rep. Khanna: Trump Has to Testify Before Capitol Riot Commission  (Read 382 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem Rep. Khanna: Trump Has to Testify Before Capitol Riot Commission

Pam Key 21 Jul 2021

Representative Ro Khanna (D-CA) said Wednesday on CNN’s “Situation Room” that the House Select Committee on the January 6 Capitol riots will have to hear testimony from former President Donald Trump.

Guest host Jim Acosta asked, “House Speaker Nancy Pelosi accepted three of McCarthy’s picks for this committee. What does it tell you, and how do you respond from McCarthy pulling all of them?”

Khanna said, “It’s so unfortunate Speaker Pelosi has appointed a bipartisan commission with Liz Cheney on it. She wanted this to be bipartisan to get to the facts. Look I served with Representative Jim Jordan on the Oversight Committee. If Someone tried to take him off The Oversight Committee, I would say no. He has every right to be on the Oversight Committee. But you can’t have people who have said that there wasn’t an insurrection be on a committee to investigate an insurrection. It’s not personal. It’s factual.”

Acosta asked, “On the January 6 Committee, should they try to bring in former President Trump to testify?

Khanna replied, “Yes, I don’t see how you don’t! They should bring in every relevant person to the hearings. It should be bipartisan, it should be factual. But how can you say that President Trump, who was giving speeches encouraging people to go into the Capitol, isn’t a material witness?”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/07/21/dem-rep-khanna-trump-has-to-testify-before-capitol-riot-commission/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: Dem Rep. Khanna: Trump Has to Testify Before Capitol Riot Commission
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 03:16:43 pm »
It's unfair to not have a solid lock-step Commission democrats can rely on, knowing what the verdict is before the investigation even begins.  Remember democrats decide what 'fair' means, just like what the meaning of what the word is, is.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 03:44:23 pm »
Hmm, this is government, not an actual court with subpoena power to force someone to go there or get arrested and taken there.  If that is incorrect, someone tell me what the limits of this commission are. 

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 06:07:35 pm »
Hmm, this is government, not an actual court with subpoena power to force someone to go there or get arrested and taken there.  If that is incorrect, someone tell me what the limits of this commission are.

I'm afraid it will have subpoena power the same way Congressional committees do.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2021, 07:08:04 pm »
Trump does not have to say a single word. He does have rights like everyone else.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2021, 07:18:22 pm »
Trump does not have to say a single word. He does have rights like everyone else.

He has the right but he does not have the ability.

Not saying he is going to appear.....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2021, 07:25:16 pm »
Was thinking the same thing. All he has to do is watch the Hillary testimony. She said, "I cannot recall." something like 174 times.
She could not even remember her own name, and did not even know what a computer was.

All Trump has to do is to follow the Democrat script and have a massive mental amnesia blackout while testifying.
Did I have a rally? I do not recall that? What did I say? I do not remember.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2021, 07:40:25 pm »
   I don't think they will subpoena Trump.  He can Honestly testify how he offered both pelousi and the turtle National Guard protection of the Capital PRIOR to 1/6.   

But he'll say $hit anyway, that's what he does.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2021, 07:44:33 pm »
Was thinking the same thing. All he has to do is watch the Hillary testimony. She said, "I cannot recall." something like 174 times.
She could not even remember her own name, and did not even know what a computer was.

All Trump has to do is to follow the Democrat script and have a massive mental amnesia blackout while testifying.
Did I have a rally? I do not recall that? What did I say? I do not remember.
He literally doesn't have to say anything at all. He has the right to remain silent. We all know that Trump just can't and won't just STFU. That is one of his worst flaws.