Author Topic: Biden: ‘Rest of World Is Wondering About Us’ After Trump — We Have to Reduce ‘Venom,’ Make Democracy  (Read 980 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden: ‘Rest of World Is Wondering About Us’ After Trump — We Have to Reduce ‘Venom,’ Make Democracy Work

Pam Key 21 Jul 2021

President Joe Biden said during a town hall Wednesday on CNN that the rest of the world is wondering about the strength of the United States’ democracy because former President Donald Trump caused partisan political division.

Biden said, “The well has been so poisoned over the last four years, and even now, there’s still this lingering effort. A lot of my Republican friends, and I’m not talking about Portman, I’m not talking about your governor, a lot of my Republican friends say, ‘Joe, I know you’re right, but if I do this, I’ll get primaried, and I’ll lose my primary. I’ll be in trouble.’ But I think that’s all beginning to move. I don’t mean overnight.”

He continued, “Now you may not like me, and that’s your right. Look, it’s a simple thing. You can walk out and say I tonight like the way that guy wears his tie. I’m voting against him. You have a right to do that. You have a right to do that. But the kinds of things that are being said of late, I think you’re beginning to see some of the…sort of a venom starting to leak out of a lot of it. We’ve got to get beyond this. What do you say to your grandchildren or your children about what’s happening? Do you ever remember a time like this before in the entire history, whether you’re a Democrat or a Republican? This is not who we are.”

Biden added, “I’ve had a lot of experience internationally, and I mean not good or bad, just I have. I chaired the Foreign Relations Committee. I’ve been deeply involved. I did national security for our last administration with Barack but, folks, the rest of the world is wondering about us. Those of you who travel abroad, it’s not a joke. Not a joke. You know, when I went to this G7, all the major democracies, I walked in, and I said, ‘America’s back.’ I’m serious, heads of state. I give you my word as a Biden. They said, ‘Are you really back? We believe you, Joe, but will the country ever get it together?’ I talked to Xi Jinping in China, who I know well. We don’t agree on a lot of things. He’s a bright and really tough guy. He truly believes that the 21st century will be determined by oligarchs. Democracies can not function in the 21st century. The argument goes because things are moving so rapidly, so, so rapidly that you can’t pull together a nation that is divided to get the consensus on acting quickly. So autocrats, autocracies —I had a long meeting with Putin, I know him well — these guys are betting, I’m not joking, on autocracies. Democracy has to stand up to get something done.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/07/21/biden-rest-of-world-is-wondering-about-us-after-trump-we-have-to-reduce-venom-make-democracy-work/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden: ‘Can’t Stop’ Americans from Voting, People Are ‘Going to Show Up Again’

Ian Hanchett 21 Jul 2021

During a town hall on CNN on Wednesday, President Joe Biden argued that people can’t be stopped from voting, as demonstrated by the fact that, in the middle of a pandemic, a record number of people, turned out to vote, and “They’re going to show up again. They’re going to do it again.”

Biden stated, “Never before has there been an attempt by state legislatures to take over the ability to determine who won, not count the votes, determine who won. … This is Jim Crow on steroids, what we’re talking about.”

He later added that he wants Congress to pass voting legislation, “Look, the American public, you can’t stop them from voting. … More people voted last time than any time in American history in the middle of the worst pandemic in American history, more people did, and they showed up. They’re going to show up again. They’re going to do it again.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/07/21/biden-cant-stop-americans-from-voting-people-are-going-to-show-up-again/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Biden: ‘Rest of World Is Wondering About Us’ After Trump — We Have to Reduce ‘Venom,’ Make Democracy Work

Democrats have been trying to reduce the venom, meaning silencing those that don't do the lock-step their way.  Their idea of democracy is one party rule, Communism state, NOT democracy.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 09:26:58 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline LegalAmerican

Democrats have been trying to reduce the venom, meaning silencing those that don't to the lock-step their way.  Their idea of democracy is one party rule, Communism state, NOT democracy.

:bingo: :thumbsup:

Offline skeeter

“People” are going to show up to vote again? Or does he mean the ‘most elaborate voter fraud system in the world’ he bragged about still operational?

I can’t handle this desiccated old fraud. No joke.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 02:14:24 am by skeeter »

Offline mountaineer

Blithering, doddering old fool.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

Blithering, doddering old fool.

The world is laughing at him and China and Putin are waiting to make their move.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Apparently, this town hall presented new levels of word salad from the Big Guy.

https://twitter.com/ARmastrangelo/status/1418064223016558592

Offline mountaineer

Offline rustynail

Offline mountaineer

thebradfordfile
@thebradfordfile
You would think a journalist might ask the White House why the President of the United States can no longer speak in complete sentences.

But you would be wrong.
9:35 PM · Jul 21, 2021·

Offline mountaineer

President Biden on Wednesday spoke to a half-empty auditorium while doing a live CNN town hall event in Ohio.

The more than dozen empty rows weren’t apparent to television viewers thanks to flattering shots that appeared to show a full, non-distanced crowd packing the front rows — in a striking visual display of normalcy after more than a year of COVID-19 restrictions.

But members of the traveling White House press pool shared photos from the back of the room, revealing that, in fact, the venue was far from packed at Mount St. Joseph University in Cincinnati. ... NY Post

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/1418003194643353600

Offline andy58-in-nh

Is this an election year?

Otherwise, why is President Biden-his-time holding a "Town Hall event" instead of conducting a news conference?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Killer Clouds

Is this an election year?

Otherwise, why is President Biden-his-time holding a "Town Hall event" instead of conducting a news conference?
They campaign like every year is an election year. That way they don't have to do their job.

Offline skeeter

thebradfordfile
@thebradfordfile
You would think a journalist might ask the White House why the President of the United States can no longer speak in complete sentences.

But you would be wrong.
9:35 PM · Jul 21, 2021·
Its perfectly clear what he meant - 'the rest of the world is wandering about the US after Trump'.

Offline mountaineer

Its perfectly clear what he meant - 'the rest of the world is wandering about the US after Trump'.
I believe thebradfordfile was referring to the entire town hall. Biden was incoherent for much of it.

Offline Millee

I give you my word as a Biden.

Nothings more sacrosanct than that.   :rolling:

Offline andy58-in-nh

They campaign like every year is an election year. That way they don't have to do their job.

Funny, though. I seem to recall that Donald Trump routinely worked 12-hour days, and still held press briefings and news conferences on a daily basis. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline skeeter

I believe thebradfordfile was referring to the entire town hall. Biden was incoherent for much of it.
I know. Another one of my attempts at humor.

Offline mountaineer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And President Retard is heard from talking about "The thing,man,you know,the thing......."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline berdie

**nononono*

Maybe I'm just tired, but I don't have a clue what the heck that means. It sounds like an AlSharptonism.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Maybe I'm just tired, but I don't have a clue what the heck that means. It sounds like an AlSharptonism.

@berdie

Sharpie is about 100 times smarter than President Perv on the best day he ever had.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

“People” are going to show up to vote again? Or does he mean the ‘most elaborate voter fraud system in the world’ he bragged about still operational?

Agree.  Now, he wants our guns.   

Offline LegalAmerican

Yes.  It might be ok,  at lower levels.....I don't know anymore. COMMUNIST COUNTRY.