Author Topic: Families of Oregon District mass shooting victims to sue magazine makers  (Read 184 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Springfield News-Sun By Cornelius Frolik 7/30/2021

Family members of four of the victims in the Oregon District mass shooting plan to sue the maker of the firearm magazine used in the killing spree in what could be the first of its kind lawsuit.

Columbus-based law firm Cooper Elliott says it will file a wrongful death lawsuit on Monday against Kyung Chang Industry USA Inc (KCI) and its related South Korean company alleging negligence, negligent entrustment and public nuisance.

The lawsuit will be filed just two days before the second anniversary of one of the deadliest mass shootings in Ohio’s history.

The lawsuit is expected to claim that the 100-round drum that shooter Connor Betts used during his rampage only has meaningful uses for military personnel and mass shooters.

More: https://www.springfieldnewssun.com/local/families-of-oregon-district-mass-shooting-to-sue-magazine-makers/LY3KOTA3NJFRTG5UMQMNHBNCZU/

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
was the magazine legal to be owned in Oregon? Did the magazine work as advertised? Did the magazine load itself, insert itself into the weapon and cause the weapon to fire with no outside assistance? I thought not, so the reason that they picked the magazine manufacturer is because they have deeper pockets than the person that used a tool to kill people.

I wonder if Remington's attempt to pay off the Sandy Hook victims had anything to do with this shysters attempt?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
was the magazine legal to be owned in Oregon? Did the magazine work as advertised? Did the magazine load itself, insert itself into the weapon and cause the weapon to fire with no outside assistance? I thought not, so the reason that they picked the magazine manufacturer is because they have deeper pockets than the person that used a tool to kill people.

I wonder if Remington's attempt to pay off the Sandy Hook victims had anything to do with this shysters attempt?
I'm thinking we're going to see an onslaught of ambulance chasers killing companies with litigation (they don't have to win, just lawyer them to death). Defense costs money.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis