Author Topic: Bernie Sanders: Democrats Will ‘Do the Best We Can’ to Slip Amnesty in Budget  (Read 235 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bernie Sanders: Democrats Will ‘Do the Best We Can’ to Slip Amnesty in Budget

John Binder 21 Jul 2021

Senate Democrats are trying as hard as possible to slip an expansive amnesty for millions of illegal aliens into a budget plan that would only need majority support and face no threat of the filibuster, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) says.

For months, Senate Democrats have eyed using the little-known reconciliation process to jam an amnesty for millions of illegal aliens through Congress with no threat of the filibuster stopping it and only 51 votes in the Senate to approve it.

During an interview with PBS News Hour, Sanders — the Chairman of the Senate Budget Committee — said Senate Democrats are “going to do the best that we can” to ensure an amnesty that would provide millions of illegal aliens with green cards, and eventual naturalized American citizenship, gets slipped into the budget.

Sanders said:

Well, we’re trying to cover people who have been in the forefront, among other things, of protecting our economy, critical care workers, dreamers, and others.

I have believed for a long time, as I think almost all the members of the Democratic Caucus and some Republicans, that the time is long overdue to pass comprehensive immigration reform and a path toward citizenship.

So we can’t do it completely, the way I would like to do it, in a reconciliation bill. There are real constraints, in terms of policy, what you can do. We’re going to do the best that we can.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/07/21/bernie-sanders-democrats-will-do-the-best-we-can-to-slip-amnesty-in-budget/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34