Author Topic: Oregon ballot initiative would end animal agriculture, hunting, fishing  (Read 533 times)

rangerrebew

Oregon ballot initiative would end animal agriculture, hunting, fishing

By Bonner Cohen, Ph. D. |July 20th, 2021|Civil Rights, Economy|6 Comments

America’s rural-urban divide is wide and getting wider. Moneyed coastal elites rarely ever miss an opportunity to show their disdain for the rubes in flyover country. Anyone doubting the depth of the discord need look no further than Oregon, where a ballot initiative would all but put an end to the state’s rural economy and way of life.

The Oregon Initiative Petition 13 (IP 13), known as the Abuse, Neglect, and Assault Exemption Modification and Improvement Act, would ban the harvesting of any animal by hunting, fishing, and trapping and would only allow a self-defense exception. IP 13 also criminalizes common animal husbandry practices, as well as slaughter for food and common breeding practices, such as artificial insemination.

Proponents of the initiative say it will make Oregon a “sanctuary state” for animals and hope other states will follow Oregon’s example. IP 13’s supporters have until June 22, 2022 to collect 112,000 valid signatures to get it on the ballot, so that it can be voted on in November 2022.

Jeopardizing Funding for Conservation

https://www.cfact.org/2021/07/20/oregon-ballot-initiative-would-end-animal-agriculture-hunting-fishing/

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Can't wait, no more poultry, eggs, meat produced in Oregon that will make only vegans happy when prices go through the roof. No more hunting and fishing, a huge kick in the teeth to Oregonians who hunt and fish to supplement their empty wallets putting food on the table not to mention the revenue lost to businesses and the state. And then the other benefit to no hunting, exploding populations of deer, moose, elk and other game animals leading to destruction of those crops the vegans need along with gardens, trees and the not unexpected deaths from disease and starvation among them. Oh, did I mention that the wolf and coyote populations will also explode with all that extra food on the hoof? Bet Oregon's adjoining states dairy and cattleman, not to mention residents will be joyful of the results also.

Offline rustynail

Will the Native American tribes in Oregon be exempt?

Offline libertybele

This is a ballot initiative which hopefully won't go anywhere.  This is pure liberal insanity.

For centuries people have existed on hunting and fishing and to think that everybody will be on board to become vegans is ridiculous; but then again we're talking bat crap crazy liberals.

I can't imagine this even being a consideration in some place like AK, where hunting, trapping, and fishing is very prominent. Many, many people live in bush country and it's not like they can hop in the car and go down to the local supermarket.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

This will not pass. In Portland maybe. That’s about it

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

Will the Native American tribes in Oregon be exempt?

They will probably pretty much all vote no
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy