Author Topic: FEMA and FCC will do a nationwide test of the Wireless Emergency Alert System in the US 8/11  (Read 244 times)

Offline mountaineer

Brigitte Gabriel
@ACTBrigitte
BREAKING: FEMA and FCC will do a nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System in the US on Wednesday, August 11.
6:25 PM · Jul 20, 2021·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

FCC Wants Better Feedback About WEA
Rosenworcel announces a survey of government partners about the Aug. 11 national test
By RW Staff
Published: July 20, 2021

The Federal Communications Commission wants to get a better sense of how effective the delivery of Wireless Emergency Alerts are.

So it has announced a new program of partnerships with 11 other government agencies. For the first time, it will survey these federal, state and local government partners about the delivery of WEA during the upcoming nationwide test on Aug. 11.  ...

FEMA, in coordination with the FCC, will conduct the nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System and Wireless Emergency Alerts at 2:20 p.m. Eastern time on Wednesday, Aug. 11.

For the WEA portion, a test message will be directed only to consumer cellphones where the subscriber has opted in to receive test messages. ... RadioWorld

Offline mountaineer

Bill Noneya
@NoneyaBill

This will be the 6th test of the EAS..thry waived the 2020 test.
Previous tests were in 2011, 2016,2017,2018, and 2019 .
Every test before the one scheduled now were performed in mid Sept
6:32 PM · Jul 20, 2021·
I guess the only question is why have they moved it up a month.  :shrug: Doesn't matter to me - I keep my cell phone turned off and haven't opted in to receive such messages anyway.