Author Topic: Some Teens Are Faking Positive COVID-19 Tests  (Read 431 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Some Teens Are Faking Positive COVID-19 Tests
« on: July 20, 2021, 05:02:00 pm »
Some Teens Are Faking Positive COVID-19 Tests

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/954622

(Reuters) - Teenagers have figured out how to use soft drinks to fake a positive COVID-19 test, and the authors of a new study warn schools and other groups to be aware.

As of July 1, videos uploaded to social media under the search term #fakecovidtest, featuring young people applying various liquids to rapid antigen COVID-19 tests, had been viewed millions of times, according to the British news website inews.co.uk.

That report, and others, prompted University of Liverpool researchers to study the effects of applying soft drinks and artificial sweeteners to the test swabs.

All four sweeteners tested produced negative results on rapid COVID-19 tests, as did spring water. But 10 of 14 soft drinks produced positive or weakly positive results, with no apparent link between the test results and the soft drinks' ingredients, the researchers reported on medRxiv ahead of peer review.

If these kids applied the same energy and smarts to their schoolwork that they used to skip school they'd be curve-raisers.

Before someone goes there, "rapid antigen" COVID-19 tests are totally different from PCR tests. Also, I do not know a single person who makes a habit of snorting cocktails of Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, saccharine, and aspartame, so whether rapid antigen or PCR, this news really says nothing about unplanned false positives.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Some Teens Are Faking Positive COVID-19 Tests
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 05:13:20 pm »
I remember hearing a "coke douche" was my generations morning after pill....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline berdie

Re: Some Teens Are Faking Positive COVID-19 Tests
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 08:06:28 pm »
I remember hearing a "coke douche" was my generations morning after pill....

I never heard that.  :silly:

I do remember people putting a thermometer on a light bulb so you would have a temperature....of 256 degrees.