Author Topic: White House Says Nothing ‘Off The Table’ When It Comes To Using Big Tech To Silence Dissent  (Read 291 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 White House Says Nothing ‘Off The Table’ When It Comes To Using Big Tech To Silence Dissent
July 19, 2021 By Haley Strack

After admitting that government officials are flagging what they deem “misinformation” to Facebook for censorship, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said the Biden administration is exploring options to exercise more control over social media platforms.

“I don’t think we’ve taken any options off the table. That’s up to Congress to determine how they want to proceed moving forward,” Psaki said. “We are not in a war or a battle with Facebook. We are in a battle with the virus. The problem we’re seeing that our Surgeon General elevated last week is that… inaccurate information about vaccines is killing people.”

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1417170936948723721

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/07/19/white-house-says-nothing-off-the-table-when-it-comes-to-using-big-tech-to-silence-dissent/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Walleyed pSaki is correct about being at war with a virus. Just not the one she alludes to. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline AARguy

"Silence Dissent"... scary... very scary. Welcome to the Gulag. Will dissenters be met with live bands as they disembark from the trains?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Silence Dissent"... scary... very scary. Welcome to the Gulag. Will dissenters be met with live bands as they disembark from the trains?

No, they'll be met with a nice, fresh shower as soon as they get off that train.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
No, they'll be met with a nice, fresh shower as soon as they get off that train.

Don't forget to remove all personal effect from your person and delouse before entering the facilities.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online rustynail

"We are in a battle with the virus."  Kind of like with a parasite?

Offline Kamaji

That makes facebook a state actor, and subject to the First Amendment.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

That makes facebook a state actor, and subject to the First Amendment.
True. This change makes them Government Departments and as such they are no longer "private corporations" who can do whatever they want. They are now 'public entities' which are run by the U.S. Government.

But since the Democrats do not believe in "Law", or the "Constitution", none of this will matter.
We are watching a slow fascist coup rollout in real time.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.