Author Topic: Democrats Trying To Sneak Illegal Alien Amnesty Into “Infrastructure” Bill  (Read 492 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog 7/19/2021

The “infrastructure” bill was already a dog’s breakfast of hard-left graft wish lists. But Democrats also want to use it as a Trojan horse for illegal alien amnesty as well:

What better time to push through amnesty for potentially millions of illegal immigrants than during the Biden border crisis? As tone-deaf as the plan is, that is exactly what Senate Democrats are planning to do in the $3.5T infrastructure bill. A decision has not been made on the numbers yet but Senator Dick Durbin, the Senate Democratic Whip, confirmed this week that it will happen. Democrats will try to push through immigration reform in the budget process.

With the news being reported today that Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer wants to bring a trial vote on infrastructure to the floor of the Senate by Wednesday of next week, this is an interesting turn of events. Add that to the ruling by the federal judge who determined that DACA is “an illegally implemented program”, and immigration reform has come to the forefront of political discourse once again. In the past, it has been an issue that a bipartisan group gets together and comes up with a plan to move immigration reform through Congress but at the last minute it always falls apart and the issue gets kicked down the road. This plan will likely include those people designated as Dreamers, farmworkers, and possibly essential workers like those who worked as health care workers during the pandemic.

More: https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=48718

rangerrebew

Democrats Confirm Mass Amnesty in the Budget Reconciliation Bill
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 02:16:31 pm »

Democrats Confirm Mass Amnesty in the Budget Reconciliation Bill
avatar By RJ Hauman   July 15, 2021 1 Comment

As FAIR warned last week, Democrats have been working around the clock on Capitol Hill to inject amnesty into a massive budget bill which they are selling as an “infrastructure package.”

Representative Pramila Jayapal, (D-Wash.), confirmed on Wednesday that the $3.5 trillion budget proposal by Democrats in Congress will include a number of radical priorities – including amnesty for millions of illegal aliens. Jayapal said during a press call that the resolution will include a pathway to citizenship for “Dreamers, [Temporary Protected Status] TPS, essential workers, and farmworkers.”

Press reports estimate that as many as 10 million illegal aliens could eventually be placed on a path to citizenship.

https://www.immigrationreform.com/2021/07/15/sneaking-amnesty-budget-bad-deal-immigrationreform-com/

rangerrebew

Re: Democrats Confirm Mass Amnesty in the Budget Reconciliation Bill
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 02:33:00 pm »
Article I, Section 8, Clause 4:

[The Congress shall have Power . . . ] To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States; . . .

It seems to me, and I am certainly no Constitutional expert, that to have mass amnesty for one group of people, DACA, would be unconsitutional. :shrug:

It also says to me Congress, and only Congress, may make laws for immigration; that Presidential orders don't meet Constitutional law. :shrug:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2021, 02:34:39 pm »
Coming out with this openly must mean the rats don't want the bill to pass.

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 02:43:31 pm »
I think they do want the reconciliation to pass without Constitutional muster to use it as a precedent for future scams and to make the Constitution meaningless :pondering:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 02:46:01 pm »

Or they know the Repukes will go along with it,   we know Repukes want Amnesty, too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2021, 02:54:30 pm »
Or they know the Repukes will go along with it,   we know Repukes want Amnesty, too.
No doubt, but they must know this will doom the party both in the short and the long run.

And they've GOT to be smart enough to know that, at this point, there no longer will be a fat K Street gig waiting for them when they're thrown out of congress. They'll be run out of town by the nutbar progs taking over Capitol Hill.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 02:56:29 pm by skeeter »

Offline bilo

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2021, 05:12:21 pm »

Interesting point, I suppose the benefit of not passing amnesty will be the ability to continue propagating the lie that Pubs are racists. Also, the children of the 36 million illegals will overwhelmingly vote for the Rats.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home