Author Topic: US Democrats & the fever dreams of Climatistas  (Read 208 times)

rangerrebew

US Democrats & the fever dreams of Climatistas
« on: July 19, 2021, 03:18:23 pm »
US Democrats & the fever dreams of Climatistas

Date: 08/07/21
    Steven Hayward, Power Line

The US Democrats failed to pass their climate agenda in a Senate with a majority of 60 Democrats. What makes them think they can pass it through the House and then a Senate with only 50 Democrats?

Cast your mind back to around 1999 or so. I think it was that year that the Sierra Club declared “suburban sprawl” to be the single great environmental problem facing the United States. What? Not climate change?!?  I thought climate change was armageddon for the planet?!?

Well, yes, environmentalists thought that too, but you see we’d just signed on to the Kyoto Protocol the year before, giving momentum to the entire United Nations climate change process. The world was saved! We could move on now to strangling housing in the suburbs.

Beyond the naivete of the climatistas in thinking that the UN/Kyoto approach would actually work is a deeper premise of modern day liberals: for most liberals, no changes are significant unless there is a signing ceremony on the White House lawn. Taking action (meaning signing pieces of paper and starting a new bureaucracy) is the important thing.

Which brings me to a Wall Street Journal news article today:

https://www.thegwpf.com/us-democrats-the-fever-dreams-of-climatistas/

Cyber Note:  Fixed the link to the article.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 05:18:26 pm by Cyber Liberty »