Author Topic: NASA, Washington Post, and Other Media Outlets Need To Get the Facts About Climate, the Moon Wobble  (Read 319 times)

rangerrebew

NASA, Washington Post, and Other Media Outlets Need To Get the Facts About Climate, the Moon Wobble and Flooding Straight
By
H. Sterling Burnett -
July 16, 2021 0

A report from NASA claiming natural shifts in the moon’s “wobble,” will combine with climate change to increase coastal flooding in the 2030s, is prominently featured on Google News today in a search for the term “climate change.” The report, published in Nature, wrongly points to climate change as contributing to expected increases in incidences of flooding. The media unquestioningly follows NASA down this false path. Data show that any contribution of climate change to sea level rise in the next one to two decades will be minuscule, on the order of millimeters, and less than two centimeters at worst. This is within the margin of natural sea level rise and certainly far below any detectable contribution of climate change to moon induced flooding beginning in 2030.

The headline from the Washington Post’s story covering NASA’s report, “Moon ‘wobble’ and climate change could mean ‘double whammy’ of flooding in 2030s, NASA warns,” matches the tone of the coverage by other mainstream media outlets. NPR, for instance, writes:

“A new study on high tide flooding predicts that the mid-2030s could be catastrophically wet in U.S. coastal regions — and it could stay that way for an entire decade. Flooding at high tide, often called nuisance flooding, already occurs with regularity in many coastal communities as water routinely sloshes into streets, yards and businesses. Two factors could converge to worsen flooding at high tide, the study says: rising sea levels fueled by climate change — and the moon.”

The moon, yes. Climate change, no!

https://climaterealism.com/2021/07/nasa-washington-post-and-other-media-outlets-need-to-get-the-facts-about-climate-the-moon-wobble-and-flooding-straight/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'd just like it if somebody would explain "moon wobble" to me, and tell me why it's different from the "earth wobble," that we've known about for at least a century.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: