Author Topic: The American Descent into Madness...By Victor Davis Hanson  (Read 255 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The American Descent into Madness...By Victor Davis Hanson
« on: July 19, 2021, 12:28:12 pm »
The American Descent into Madness

America went from the freest country in the world in December 2019 to a repressive and frightening place by July 2021. How did that happen?

By Victor Davis Hanson
July 18, 2021

Nations have often gone mad in a matter of months. The French abandoned their supposedly idealistic revolutionary project and turned it into a monstrous hell for a year between July 1793 and 1794. After the election of November 1860, in a matter of weeks, Americans went from thinking secession was taboo to visions of killing the greatest number of their fellow citizens on both sides of the Mason-Dixon line. Mao’s China went from a failed communist state to the ninth circle of Dante’s Inferno, when he unleashed the Cultural Revolution in 1966.

In the last six months, we have seen absurdities never quite witnessed in modern America. Madness, not politics, defines it. There are three characteristics of all these upheavals. One, the events are unsustainable. They will either cease or they will destroy the nation, at least as we know it. Two, the law has largely been rendered meaningless. Three, left-wing political agendas justify any means necessary to achieve them.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2021/07/18/the-american-descent-into-madness/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The American descent into madness
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 03:52:26 pm »
The American descent into madness

America went from the freest country in the world in December 2019 to a repressive and frightening place by July 2021. How?

Nations have often gone mad in a matter of months. The French abandoned their supposedly idealistic revolutionary project and turned it into a monstrous hell for a year between July 1793 and 1794. After the election of November 1860, in a matter of weeks, Americans went from thinking secession was taboo to visions of killing the greatest number of their fellow citizens on both sides of the Mason-Dixon line. Mao’s China went from a failed communist state to the ninth circle of Dante’s Inferno, when he unleashed the Cultural Revolution in 1966.

In the last six months, we have seen absurdities never quite witnessed in modern America. Madness, not politics, defines it. There are three characteristics of all these upheavals. One, the events are unsustainable. They will either cease or they will destroy the nation, at least as we know it. Two, the law has largely been rendered meaningless. Three, left-wing political agendas justify any means necessary to achieve them.

Citizenship as mere residency

Two million people are anticipated to cross the southern border, en masse and illegally, over a 12-month period. If that absurdity were to continue, we would be adding the equivalent of a major US city every year. The new arrivals have three things in common. Their first act was to break US law by entering the country. Their second was to break the law by residing here illegally. And their third will be to find false identification or other illegal means to continue breaking the law. You do not arrive as a guest in a foreign country and immediately violate the laws of his host — unless you hold those laws in contempt...

-- excerpt, rest at link above --
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Re: The American descent into madness
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 03:52:59 pm »
Must read IMHO

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Re: The American Descent into Madness...By Victor Davis Hanson
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 04:35:40 pm »
Article concludes:

America went from the freest country in the world in December 2019 to a repressive, and frightening place by July 2021. It went not so much hard-left, as stark-raving mad.

That abrupt descent, too, is not workable and millions will collectively decide they have no choice but to push back and conclude, ‘In the 233rd year of our republic, we tens of millions are not going to cede freedom of thought and expression to thousands of Maoists. Sorry, no can do.’

Hmm, I'm not so sure that we are going to be seeing this happen.... based on what I've seen to date..

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The American Descent into Madness...By Victor Davis Hanson
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 10:32:36 pm »
Bigun wrote:
"I'm not so sure that we are going to be seeing this happen.... based on what I've seen to date.."

I would give it until 2024.

If that election is "controlled" as was the 2020 election that preceded it, and if we don't see a move by several states to "band together to do somethin' about it" by then or soon afterwards, "it'll be just about over 'cept for the shoutin'..."