Author Topic: Report finds 124 Marine and Army deaths caused by non-combat accidents, offers 9 recommendations  (Read 150 times)

rangerrebew

Report finds 124 Marine and Army deaths caused by non-combat accidents, offers 9 recommendations

July 17, 2021 Erika I. Ritchie - The Orange County Register

A long-awaited report by the U.S. Government Accountability Office examining the high rate of non-combat training accidents involving tanks and trucks used by the Army and Marine Corps identified nine recommendations officials say the military services should enact to save lives.

The 103-page report released publicly on Wednesday, July 14, reviewed accidents between 2010 and 2019, saying driver inattentiveness, lapses in supervision and a lack of training were among the most common causes.

In that time period, the Army and Marines reported 3,753 non-combat vehicle accidents, in which 124 people died. Vehicle rollovers were the cause of death in 63% of the accidents.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/07/report-finds-124-marine-and-army-deaths-caused-by-non-combat-accidents-offers-9-recommendations/

rangerrebew

Vehicle rollovers were the cause of death in 63% of the accidents.

That looks to me like a design flaw.  They might want to take a look at weight distribution of the vehicles.  That stat makes me think being top heavy is part of the problem.   :pondering: