Author Topic: 5-mile long Michigan bridge closed over bomb threat; DHS on scene  (Read 438 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by Ryan Morgan  July 18, 2021

This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates as more information becomes available.

Authorities closed the five-mile-long Mackinac Bridge in Michigan on Sunday due to a bomb threat. The incident has triggered a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) response, and the U.S. Coast Guard is also reportedly on scene.

The official Mackinac Bridge account tweeted, “Law enforcement notified the MBA of a bomb threat on the bridge; MBA closed the bridge at 2:15 p.m. After an extensive search, nothing has been found. They are completing one more sweep and hope to re-open the bridge soon. MSP and Mackinaw City police are investigating.”

The bridge closure began shortly before 2:30 p.m. eastern time on Sunday.

One Twitter user tweeted, “Mackinac Bridge is closed to all traffic due to an ongoing bomb threat. U.S. Coast Guard has established a perimeter around the bridge to protect mariners. Local bomb squad and K-9 on scene. Bridge has been closed for roughly 2 hours now due to the incident.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/07/michigan-bridge-closed-over-bomb-threat-dhs-on-scene/

Offline libertybele

Re: 5-mile long Michigan bridge closed over bomb threat; DHS on scene
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 11:46:38 pm »
 Bookmark. I lived in MI for over 25 years and I always wanted to visit Mackinac Island and never made it.  I hope that they find no bomb and no harm comes to the area.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: 5-mile long Michigan bridge closed over bomb threat; DHS on scene
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 01:54:21 am »
Bookmark. I lived in MI for over 25 years and I always wanted to visit Mackinac Island and never made it.  I hope that they find no bomb and no harm comes to the area.

Been to the Bridge and the Island a few times.  The Grand Hotel is there, and no cars.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: