Author Topic: Shooting halts Washington Nationals game, causes chaos inside stadium  (Read 1036 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Shooting halts Washington Nationals game, causes chaos inside stadium

By Jesse O’Neill

July 17, 2021 | 10:14pm | Updated

Chaos erupted during Saturday night’s baseball game at Nationals Park — with fans fleeing or taking cover under seats — after a shooting outside the Washington, DC, stadium.

Police said a shootout between people in two cars at around 9:30 p.m. had left three injured, including a female bystander who was attending the game and was hit while standing outside the ballpark.

The other two victims were in one of the cars and later walked into a local hospital with gunshot wounds, cops said.

There was “no ongoing threat,” cops wrote in a tweet at around 10 p.m., adding that the game between the Washington Nationals and San Diego Padres was suspended.

Several loud bangs were heard outside the third base gate around 9:30 p.m., just as the players were leaving the field in the middle of the sixth inning.

Spectators take cover during the chaos.
AP Photo/Nick Wass

https://nypost.com/2021/07/17/nationals-game-shooting-causes-chaos-inside-stadium/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Is there a social worker in the house?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

Is this the game Jan Psaki threw out the first pitch? How apropos.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
More

Terrified fans at a Washington Nationals baseball game run for cover after three people are shot outside the stadium and park suspends game warning fans to shelter in place

There were three people were shot outside of the Washington Nationals stadium when two gunmen in cars opened fire at each other and hit a bystander
    Police originally said two victims were taken to the hospital and two walked into area hospitals for gunshot wounds
    That number was updated to three victims during a Saturday night press conference
    DC Police said Saturday night that people shot at each other from cars and hit a woman who was attending the game. Her injuries weren’t considered life-threatening
    Two people who were in one of the cars later walked into a local hospital with gunshot wounds and were being questioned by investigators. The extent of their injuries wasn’t immediately clear
    Investigators were still trying to locate the second vehicle involved in the shooting.
    There are no details about the shooting or the victims' conditions
    The Nationals and Padres were in the sixth inning when the gunshots rang out
    This is the second shooting in DC in the last 24 hours. The two shootings happened about a mile apart

By Christopher Eberhart For Dailymail.Com

Published: 22:07 EDT, 17 July 2021 | Updated: 08:15 EDT, 18 July 2021

many photos
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9799195/Shooting-outside-Washington-Nationals-baseball-stadium.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
DC. Thug city USA.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Remember, snitches get stitches
Countdown to Resignation

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
DC. Thug city USA.

Thought it was Davey Martinez shooting Robles for not being able to stay off the slider in the dirt.  {rimshot}

But seriously folks, the Padres whipped us 24-8 Friday nite.  In our own park.

During the game, Victor Robles walked into the dugout from his position in centerfield without warning...heatstroke, as it was 110 degrees on the field.

You'd get heatstroke too, if you had to stand for 30-45 minutes while your pitcher walks the bases loaded --- TWICE!!

The Nationals are dreaming of catching the METS...which is the ONLY way they're going to be playing in October.

If the NATS were in the West, they'd be behind the Colorado Rockies...19 games back

Did I mention that I miss @EasyAce ???
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 03:36:46 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Sounds like the Nats are having a Bang Up season.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Sounds like the Nats are having a Bang Up season.

A real shoot out for the Pennant.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
A real shoot out for the Pennant.

Too bad we can't go retro and revert to our old name.....  Heck if they did this, I might forgive the mofos....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

Too bad we can't go retro and revert to our old name.....  Heck if they did this, I might forgive the mofos....

For DC it needs to picture the other "Colt .45." to jive with its citizenry

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
D.C. Has Universal Background Checks, Gun Registration, and Shootings Outside Nationals’ Park
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/07/18/d-c-has-universal-background-checks-gun-registration-and-shootings-outside-nationals-park/
Support the USO

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
For DC it needs to picture the other "Colt .45." to jive with its citizenry
For sure they need to give it to their ball players, it apparently insures they score every time. :pondering: