Author Topic: Klobuchar: We Can Pass Voting Rights as ‘Election Infrastructure’ with Reconciliation  (Read 551 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Klobuchar: We Can Pass Voting Rights as ‘Election Infrastructure’ with Reconciliation

Pam Key 18 Jul 2021

Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that so-called “voting rights” could be included in the Democrats’ more expansive infrastructure package they were planning to pass with a simple majority vote using the reconciliation process.

Klobuchar said, “We’ve seen a concerted effort across the country, you know this, Dana, over 400 bills introduced, 28 signed into law, including this really bad one in Georgia, that not only denies voters water when they’re standing in line but also reduces the run-off time to 28 days. And guess what? You have to register 29 days before.”

She continued, “This is clearly a focus by the Republicans in Georgia on limiting people from voting. So we’re doing this hearing, yes, to build pressure, to pass basic federal voting rights. That is the For the People Act and the John Lewis Bill. You name it. If we were just to concede and say, okay, we have one vote, the Republicans blocked it, so we’re taking our marbles and going home. That’s not fair to the people of Georgia. That’s sure not fair to the people of Texas. we’re not giving up.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/07/18/klobuchar-we-can-pass-voting-rights-as-election-infrastructure-with-reconciliation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
This is one dangerous bitch with higher poltical aspirations.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is one dangerous bitch with higher poltical aspirations.

Fortunately, she's even more stupid than Shortbus Joe. 

(Every time I see this name, I can't get the picture of her eating salad with her filthy comb out of my head.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

that so-called “voting rights” could be included in the Democrats’ more expansive infrastructure package they were planning to pass with a simple majority vote using the reconciliation process.

IOW, whether the USA remains a constitutional republic or becomes a 3rd world totalitarian hell hole will be up to the Senate Parliamentarian deciding what can be in the reconciliation bill.

I know there are Rats that have indicated they won't vote for this, but they always fall in line at the last minute. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Mesaclone

Klobuchar: We Can Pass Voting Rights as ‘Election Infrastructure’ with Reconciliation

Pam Key 18 Jul 2021

Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that so-called “voting rights” could be included in the Democrats’ more expansive infrastructure package they were planning to pass with a simple majority vote using the reconciliation process.

Klobuchar said, “We’ve seen a concerted effort across the country, you know this, Dana, over 400 bills introduced, 28 signed into law, including this really bad one in Georgia, that not only denies voters water when they’re standing in line but also reduces the run-off time to 28 days. And guess what? You have to register 29 days before.”

She continued, “This is clearly a focus by the Republicans in Georgia on limiting people from voting. So we’re doing this hearing, yes, to build pressure, to pass basic federal voting rights. That is the For the People Act and the John Lewis Bill. You name it. If we were just to concede and say, okay, we have one vote, the Republicans blocked it, so we’re taking our marbles and going home. That’s not fair to the people of Georgia. That’s sure not fair to the people of Texas. we’re not giving up.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/07/18/klobuchar-we-can-pass-voting-rights-as-election-infrastructure-with-reconciliation/

I would ask her this...."what is NOT infrastructure, in your view?"
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Democrats believe any law that gets in their way to a one party rule is wrong.  Remember Obama wanted to get rid of the Constitution?  They still do want to.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions