Author Topic: Democrats seek to tackle climate change with import-tax  (Read 580 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats seek to tackle climate change with import-tax
« on: July 18, 2021, 01:45:39 pm »
Democrats seek to tackle climate change with import-tax
By Naomi Jagoda and Zack Budryk - 07/18/21 08:00 AM EDT

Democrats are eyeing a tax on imports from countries that don’t have strong policies aimed at combating climate change, seeking to include such a tax in a wide-ranging spending package that could pass without Republican votes.

A senior Democratic aide said that the $3.5 trillion budget deal key Senate Democrats reached Tuesday would propose “polluter import fees,” but did not include any further specifics.

Carbon border taxes is an idea that is increasingly getting interest from policymakers across the globe, with the European Union proposing a similar idea this week.

But Democratic lawmakers still have to determine how exactly they want to design an import-tax proposal, and they have a long way to go before such a policy is a reality in the United States.

Democrats are seeking to pass a large spending bill later this year without any Republican votes, and climate-related provisions are expected to be a key part of that.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/equilibrium-sustainability/563472-democrats-seek-to-tackle-climate-change-with-import-tax
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Democrats seek to tackle climate change with import-tax
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 02:37:28 pm »
Kiss the US economy goodbye
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 02:40:58 pm »
This from the party who opposed Tariffs because they said it was a "Tax".

What a a rat thing to do!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 04:12:51 am »
bUT, BUT BUT, anything is better that trump getting into office another time.  Remember NeverTrumpers Pied Pipering fools to follow the lies piped to them ?  Fools won and the price to pay is long from over!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2021, 12:24:54 pm »
California policies coming to DC
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2021, 12:36:55 pm »
So, is there a China-only exception in these rules?