Author Topic: Chair of Congressional Black Caucus arrested for storming Senate building in protest of filibuster  (Read 435 times)

rangerrebew

Chair of Congressional Black Caucus arrested for storming Senate building in protest of filibuster
Thomas McDonald - July 16, 2021

Congresswoman Joyce Beatty (D-OH) and other members of Congress were arrested Thursday after storming the Hart Senate Office Building in protest of the filibuster rule.

“This afternoon, nine people were arrested for demonstrating in a prohibited area on Capitol Grounds. At approximately 3:30 pm, the United States Capitol Police responded to the Atrium in the Hart Senate Office Building for reports of illegal demonstration activity,” Capitol Police said.

“After officers arrived on the scene, they warned the demonstrators three times to stop. Those who refused were arrested for D.C. Code §22-1307. Two males and seven females were transported to USCP Headquarters for processing,” they added.

https://independentchronicle.com/chair-of-congressional-black-caucus-arrested-for-storming-senate-building-in-protest-of-filibuster/?utm_source=iChron&utm_medium=report&utm_campaign=bongino

rangerrebew

Surely they should be thrown in jail with  no charges and no bail just like the Jan. 6 "insurrectionists." :headbang:

Offline bilo

Surely they should be thrown in jail with  no charges and no bail just like the Jan. 6 "insurrectionists." :headbang:

Early on I didn't care to much about the 1/6 protestors that got arrested. After all, they should not have broken windows or gone into the congressional building if they were told not to by the police. However, my attitude has changed as I see the arrested are being held in solitary confinement 23 hrs a day and some have been in custody for more than 6 months. A fair legal system would have made them pay for any damage they committed and 20-40 hrs of community service.

Instead, we now have political prisoners in the USA and a govt that seeks to destroy any who dare to upset the political elites.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Hoodat

Democrats - Opposing Equal Protection since 1836.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-