Author Topic: Manchin signals he'll be team player on spending deal  (Read 274 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin signals he'll be team player on spending deal
« on: July 16, 2021, 01:13:52 pm »
Manchin signals he'll be team player on spending deal
By Alexander Bolton - 07/16/21 06:00 AM EDT

Sen. Joe Manchin (W.Va.), a crucial centrist vote in the Democratic caucus, is signaling to colleagues that he won’t derail a $3.5 trillion budget resolution that contains many of President Biden’s legislative priorities.

Senate Democrats say Manchin has indicated he will not stand in the way of the measure moving forward and will be generally supportive as long as he’s kept in the loop on his top concerns: how to pay for the bill and a clean energy provision.

Manchin told colleagues Wednesday where he stood at a caucus luncheon attended by Biden, where Democrats discussed their plans for passing two major infrastructure bills. The West Virginia senator said he waited until Biden left the room to explain his position to fellow Democrats.

“I did not speak while Joe Biden was there out of respect. He did a great job and everything,” he said, explaining that after Biden left he wanted colleagues to have a clear understanding of his own views.

“Afterward I wanted to make sure they knew where I was coming from. I’m concerned about inflation, I’m concerned about a competitive tax code, I’m concerned about environmental standards that basically leave people behind in all these things,” Manchin told The Hill.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/563323-manchin-signals-hell-be-team-player-on-spending-deal
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Manchin signals he'll be team player on spending deal
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2021, 01:29:46 pm »
I guess Manchin wants mass amnesty, West Virginia.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 07:11:36 pm »
In other words, Mojo will do what he always does, and that's obey his party bosses like the lickspittle he is.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 08:46:17 pm »
Trying to have it both ways.

Good thing he is a Dim,and his voters are even dumber than he is.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!