Author Topic: #Bidenflation: Cost of Gas, Used Cars Up 45%, Car Rentals 88%  (Read 604 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
#Bidenflation: Cost of Gas, Used Cars Up 45%, Car Rentals 88%

Dr. Susan Berry 16 Jul 2021

Nearly all Americans expect the inflation under Joe Biden’s presidency will worsen still, even as the cost of gas and used cars is already up by 45 percent, and bacon up by 8.4 percent, the Washington Examiner reported Thursday.

“The hashtag #Bidenflation has been trending recently,” wrote Washington Secrets columnist Paul Bedard, noting a new survey from Skynova, an online invoicing firm that found 88 percent of people in the United States believe the current inflation is “here to stay and will soar more.”

https://twitter.com/byHeatherLong/status/1414929603160854531

“Projections shared with Secrets from the Statista Research Department show it increasing at about 2.5% through 2024 and ‘tapering off’ by 2026,” he observed. “It’s currently at about 5.4%.”

According to the Skynova survey of 1,040 respondents, 78 percent reported signs of inflation in their daily lives and 61 percent said inflation is an important political issue.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2021/07/16/bidenflation-cost-gas-used-cars-car-rentals/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: #Bidenflation: Cost of Gas, Used Cars Up 45%, Car Rentals 88%
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2021, 08:42:40 pm »
Makes me temped to sell my 2016 4x4 Silverado.

The only thing is any money I get would be worth less and less with each day that passes between now and the 2024 elections as the Dims continue to devalue the dollar.

By the time Biden leaves office,they might as well be Yen.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2021, 12:43:54 pm »
Rental car rates are insanely high.

I can rarely find one less than $100 per day.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2021, 12:46:40 pm »
Makes me temped to sell my 2016 4x4 Silverado.

The only thing is any money I get would be worth less and less with each day that passes between now and the 2024 elections as the Dims continue to devalue the dollar.

By the time Biden leaves office,they might as well be Yen.
Just sold my 2003 4runner for $8,000.  I bought it used in 2007 for $!8,000 and put 221,000 miles on it.
Routine maintenance only, so cost me only about $1,000 per year to own.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2021, 01:21:30 pm »

@IsailedawayfromFR

No matter how hard I try,I just can't see the connection between rental car rates and the crashing economy. Seems to ME they would leave the rates low and try to pull in all the bucks they can and pay off debt before the dollar is worth even less.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2021, 08:26:40 pm »
It's reaching the point where it's almost (I said, "almost") cheaper to buy a NEW car (if you have cash) rather than a late-model used one...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2021, 09:05:39 pm »
The cost of groceries is absolutely insane;  the USDA has a breakdown of how prices in different categories have changed. Between March 2020 and March 2021, the price of meat rose by 5.8 percent, poultry 4.4 percent, and fish and seafood 5.2 percent. Eggs are 4.7 percent more expensive than they were a year ago, and the price of dairy products has gone up by 1.6 percent.

Fruits and veggies now cost 3.8 percent more, on average, than they did last March. Nonalcoholic beverage prices are up 3.2 percent, and cereals and baker products are 2.6 percent more expensive than they were a year ago.   

The prices are expected to continue to increase through next year.

Time to fill up those freezers as much as you can at today's prices.  It will help offset costs a little bit.   I bought a package of lettuce mix last week and  paid $4.99 and 6 mos. ago the cost of a lb. of bacon was $8.99 pkg...we quit eating bacon awhile ago.

https://www.fatherly.com/news/grocery-store-prices-rising-food-commodities/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2021, 09:28:50 pm »
The cost of groceries is absolutely insane;  the USDA has a breakdown of how prices in different categories have changed. Between March 2020 and March 2021, the price of meat rose by 5.8 percent, poultry 4.4 percent, and fish and seafood 5.2 percent. Eggs are 4.7 percent more expensive than they were a year ago, and the price of dairy products has gone up by 1.6 percent.

Fruits and veggies now cost 3.8 percent more, on average, than they did last March. Nonalcoholic beverage prices are up 3.2 percent, and cereals and baker products are 2.6 percent more expensive than they were a year ago.   

The prices are expected to continue to increase through next year.

Time to fill up those freezers as much as you can at today's prices.  It will help offset costs a little bit.   I bought a package of lettuce mix last week and  paid $4.99 and 6 mos. ago the cost of a lb. of bacon was $8.99 pkg...we quit eating bacon awhile ago.

https://www.fatherly.com/news/grocery-store-prices-rising-food-commodities/
Me giving up bacon is akin to my wife giving up Dr. Pepper.  A non-starter.  We would cutback elsewhere

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2021, 09:42:13 pm »

Hertz is my standard option, but I am finding Hertz unavailable in some cities now.  Been using National as a substitute, and can still find rentals for less than $60/day.  But others are charging much more.  Of course these aren't tourist locations.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2021, 09:46:54 pm »

AMAC and AAA offer rental discounts but I'm not sure how much of a discount.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.