Author Topic: Andrea Mitchell: Trump’s Sanctions and COVID ‘Cratered’ Cuba’s Economy  (Read 950 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Andrea Mitchell: Trump’s Sanctions and COVID ‘Cratered’ Cuba’s Economy

Ian Hanchett 15 Jul 2021

On Thursday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports,” host Andrea Mitchell said that while she knows why people criticized Cuba’s regime, “COVID has, on top of the Trump sanctions, cratered their economy.”

During an interview with Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE), Mitchell asked, “I want to ask you about Cuba. Because I know all of the reasons for criticizing the regime right now, the president, the secretary of state, Sen. Menendez, very strongly when I interviewed him the other day. But COVID has, on top of the Trump sanctions, cratered their economy. Should we find ways to do more for the Cuban people and for relaxing some of the Trump restrictions on remittances, wire transfers that go to families back home?”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/07/15/andrea-mitchell-trumps-sanctions-and-covid-cratered-cubas-economy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

That explains all of the American flags at the protests.

Offline dfwgator

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
:facepalm2:

The 'damage' is done, because we all have family and/or friends who listen to her every night.  Plus, her statement is being picked up by multiple sites on the internet.

Tomorrow, I'm going to hear how "It's all Trump's fault....." because of his get-tough with Commie government sanctions.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Cuba's an island. A tropical island that, as far as I know, is fertile enough to supply the needs of the country. An isolated nation like Cuba should be as suited as any (except maybe New Zealand) to ride out any pandemic.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Cuba as plenty of riches, but has to struggle with fascist Communists like Venezuela being very rich, but makes its citizens eat rats, and proudly so.  Because fools love lies until finally they eat rat, because what fools believe.  The Bible says, put not your trust in any man, Commies worship their leaders as gods,and eat rats.  A price to be paid to elevate the corrupt to God hood.  Explains the direction America is going, eh ?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
So let me get this straight - ending the trade embargo would have brought economic prosperity and stopped dictators from being dictators.

Cuz that worked so well with China.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So let me get this straight - ending the trade embargo would have brought economic prosperity and stopped dictators from being dictators.

Cuz that worked so well with China.
As far as I could tell the only country still enforcing a trade embargo with Cuba was America, so the malarkey argument that it's all Trump's fault and covid just doesn't pass the smell test. Cuba couldn't trade with other countries for food end meds or is the truth that they just couldn't get all the free taxpayer money from other countries like Obama was giving them? I guess with Venezuela swirling the toilet they were out but what about the other communist countries like Russia and China, is there no brotherhood among communists? When has any money or aid poured into Cuba by others ever bought one iota of relief for the people instead of going into the pockets of the Castros and others at the top of the pyramid and why should we send more until he dictatorship is toppled?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I blame the dictatorship of the proletariat running Cuba for their problems.

Has there ever been a Communist regime that could supply their people with enough toilet paper?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Speaking of "Cratered"...  It is her career.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline rustynail

Speaking of "Cratered"...  It is her career.

And face.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
And face.

Amen.  She uses bondo by the drum to fill in those pockmarks.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.