American Thinker by Patrick Luscri 7/16/2021
From watching Texas Senate Democrats' reaction to Texas's S.B. 1 (Senate Bill 1), you'd think it's Jim Crow on steroids. As an election integrity measure, it's gotta be pure evil. Election integrity bills like S.B. 1 are so racist that they pose "the greatest threat to the nation since the Civil War," says our president.
It must be so Jim Crow that Texas Senate Democrats had no choice but to break quorum and flee maskless on private jets. Any means are necessary to prevent a vote and passage of this legislative monstrosity. Upon arrival in D.C., these racial justice warriors rushed to microphones and began singing, "We Shall Overcome."
Our vice president calls them "courageous." Media members echo her and vilify the Texas governor and his party and their voting integrity bill.
What exactly will S.B. 1 do (other than re-institute Jim Crow and threaten every racial equality gain since the Civil War)? Let's see.
S.B. 1 will:
• Ban paid ballot-harvesting.
• Require ID for mail-in ballots and allow voters without driver's licenses to verify ID with the last four digits of their Social Security numbers.
• Set uniform voting times for early voting while expanding weekend hours.
• Help increase accountability by allowing watchers to observe election workers.
• Strengthen the ban on unmonitored mail-in drop boxes and prohibit unsolicited distribution of mail-in ballot applications by public officials.
• Set uniform procedures for verifying the authenticity of mail-in ballots while allowing voters to correct mistakes.
• Require those assisting voters to verify their identity and take an oath that they will not try to influence voters.
• End the temporary emergency measures that were put in place solely because of the pandemic, such as drive-thru voting and 24-hour early voting.
Clearly, S.B. 1 is one radically racist election integrity bill. Even though it will apply equally to all Texas voters, regardless of color or creed, it's deeply racist. Requiring IDs and last fours is an assault on voters "of color," particularly black Americans. It's Jim Crow, man.