Author Topic: Notre Dame students, faculty are trying to keep Chick-fil-A off campus  (Read 269 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Notre Dame students, faculty are trying to keep Chick-fil-A off campus

https://www.campusreform.org/article?id=17786

Over 180 University of Notre Dame students and faculty have signed an open letter opposing the addition of a Chick-Fil-A on campus.

"While a large portion of the student body would approve of this decision, we hope to show that many of us oppose the addition of Chick-fil-A," the open letter states.

Notre Dame's campus dining had released a statement on Instagram stating that the school's updated dining plans are not finalized and are considering a “variety of future restaurant options, including Chick-fil-A.”

On July 1, two Notre Dame undergraduates published an op-ed in the school's student newspaper, The Observer, arguing that Chick-fil-A should not be on campus. The students state that they have “serious ethical concerns” about the company and that a different restaurant would better fit the Catholic university's mission.

Blah, blah, ... Prog Activist Talking Points ... blah, blah, ... Prog Activist Talking Points ...  blah, blah, blah.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Hoodat

This restaurant is OK though

Barabbas
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

The wrong Notre Dame burned.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

These types always try to cram their values upon us but a minor segment of the students want to dictate who cannot come onto campus.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Yup.  Ours doesn't have a spine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

Just another reason why I hate Notre Dame.

Suck on this, Irish.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Just another reason why I hate Notre Dame.

Suck on this, Irish.

i go a lot further back when I went to school and recall the top lineman in the country Mike McKoy of Notre Dame predicted "Nobody runs against us" prior to the 1970 Cotton Bowl pitting Texas vs Notre Dame.

Texas ran for 331 yards using 6 backs and caused ND to lose its first bowl game in 45 years and Texas to be crowned #1.

Texas' Danny Lester makes an interception on Notre Dame in the Cotton Bowl, January 1, 1970. Texas went on to win 21-17 and clinch the 1969 national championship. (Dallas Morning News)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 06:10:08 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington