Author Topic: Trump says Gen. Milley 'last person' he'd want to start a coup with  (Read 186 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 :silly:

Trump says Gen. Milley 'last person' he'd want to start a coup with
By Lexi Lonas - 07/15/21 12:40 PM EDT

Former President Donald Trump in a statement Thursday denied that he ever threatened or spoke about taking part in a government coup after his election loss, adding that Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Gen. Mark Milley would be one of the last people he'd ask to take part in a coup if he were to do such a thing.

"I never threatened, or spoke about, to anyone, a coup of our Government," Trump said in a statement emailed to reporters that repeated his claims — disputed by courts and state officials from both parties across the country — that the election was stolen from him.

"So ridiculous! Sorry to inform you, but an Election is my form of "coup," and if I was going to do a coup, one of the last people I would want to do it with is General Mark Milley," Trump added.

Trump was responding to reports based on a book titled "I Alone Can Fix It" by Washington Post reporters Carol Leonnig and Philip Rucker that is set for release on Tuesday.

In the book, it is reported that Milley and others were concerned Trump would try to stage a coup to stay in power.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/563200-trump-milley-last-person-ld-start-a-coup-with
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34