Author Topic: GOP fumes over Schumer hardball strategy  (Read 511 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP fumes over Schumer hardball strategy
« on: July 15, 2021, 05:02:21 pm »
GOP fumes over Schumer hardball strategy
By Jordain Carney - 07/15/21 12:54 PM EDT

Republicans are bristling over Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer’s (D-N.Y.) hardball strategy to try to force them to finalize a bipartisan infrastructure deal in a matter of days.

Republican negotiators and members of leadership believe Schumer is trying to jam them and warn that they won’t vote to start debate even on a shell bill that the Democratic leader is intending to use a vehicle for the bipartisan deal once it’s finalized.

“It’s a bad idea if the bill’s not ready. ...Our guys aren’t going to vote for a bill they haven’t seen,” said Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.), the No. Senate Republican.

Schumer will need at least 60 votes to advance the shell legislation, meaning the support of 10 Republicans if every Democrat also goes along with the strategy. If Republicans agree to start debate they could them substitute in the bipartisan text when it’s done.

Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), a member of GOP leadership, predicted that there could be 10 GOP senators or more who would vote to advance the bipartisan bill “but you’ve got to see what the bill looks like.”

And several of his most likely “yes” votes, the Republicans helping negotiate the bipartisan bill, were frustrated by Schumer’s strategy, which his office acknowledged was a hardball move aimed at providing the bipartisan group with a hard deadline to finalize their bill and prevent talks from dragging on.

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) characterized Schumer as trying to “jam the bill.”

“We’re still working very hard. We’re making good progress and he ought to respect that,” Collins said of Schumer.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/563206-gop-fumes-over-schumer-hardball-strategy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: GOP fumes over Schumer hardball strategy
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 05:03:28 pm »
Just say no!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 05:09:58 pm »
Any bill that is eligible to go to Reconciliation is a Trojan horse for Moonbats' wishlist.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Longiron

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 06:14:41 pm »
Just say no!

They do NOT have a pair to do that. Just watch and get POed by the lack of courage of the Republican Party we currently have in office especially the SENATE. China MITCH RULES like it or not. ****slapping

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2021, 06:17:18 pm »
They do NOT have a pair to do that. Just watch and get POed by the lack of courage of the Republican Party we currently have in office especially the SENATE. China MITCH RULES like it or not. ****slapping

Yeah! I'm painfully aware of the current state of things.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

BassWrangler

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2021, 06:40:22 pm »
Just say no!

I have no idea why they participate in this. Just say "hard pass" and walk away.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2021, 06:43:44 pm »
And?

What are they going to do about it?

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2021, 08:08:32 pm »
GOP fumes over upChuck Schumer's 'bi-partisan' hardball strategy.  Republicans are more than a little slow on the uptake on what democrats view as a fools bi-partisan.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 08:09:59 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline berdie

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2021, 08:15:04 pm »
And?

What are they going to do about it?

Now dang it...didn't you read the headline. They are going to fume. That's hard work!

Offline bilo

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2021, 08:21:52 pm »
I know the odds are not good, but if the Pubs stay united and refuse to vote approval for debate until they see the bill in final form it does not go anywhere.

With the news coming out about GA., and AZ. the Pubs should say everything stops until we know whether Biden is the legitimate POTUS. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home