Author Topic: Sentencing in Mollie Tibbetts’ murder case delayed amid bombshell claim by defense  (Read 712 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sentencing in Mollie Tibbetts’ murder case delayed amid bombshell claim by defense

By Jesse O’Neill

July 14, 2021 | 11:48pm

The ex-farmworker convicted of murdering University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts will not face sentencing this week, a judge ruled Wednesday — after defense attorneys accused prosecutors of withholding evidence about a nearby sex-trafficking “trap house” and other potential suspects.

Cristhian Bahena Rivera was expected to be sentenced to life in prison Thursday after he was convicted in May of murdering Tibbetts in summer 2018 and dumping her body in a cornfield.

Instead, Judge Joel Yates agreed to delay the sentencing until they’re able to schedule a hearing on a motion for a new trial after defense lawyers accused prosecutors of failing to disclose a sex-trafficking investigation near where the 20-year-old disappeared, according to ABC News.

The shocking turn of events came a week after defense attorneys asked for a new trial, claiming witnesses independently told police a man bragged to them about raping and murdering the college student and framing Bahena Rivera, the network reported.

more
https://nypost.com/2021/07/14/mollie-tibbetts-murder-case-delayed-amid-bombshell-claim-by-defense/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@mystery-ak

Sounds to me like the court is doing it's job. Let's root this thing out until we get to the truth of the matter.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

rangerrebew

Prosecutor rejects new defense info in Mollie Tibbetts case
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 02:39:43 pm »

Prosecutor rejects new defense info in Mollie Tibbetts case
National

by: RYAN J. FOLEY, Associated Press   
Posted: Jul 16, 2021 / 03:43 PM CDT   / Updated: Jul 16, 2021 / 03:43 PM CDT   

IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — A prosecutor rejected defense claims Thursday that the 2018 killing of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts could be connected to sex trafficking and other abductions that happened in the rural area where she disappeared while out for a run.

A 21-year-old man’s alleged confession that he helped kill Tibbetts after she was kidnapped and held at a house used for sex trafficking wasn’t credible, Assistant Attorney General Scott Brown said during a hearing on what had been the day 27-year-old Cristhian Behena Rivera was due to be sentenced for her death.

“No evidence supports it. None. Zero,” Brown said.

https://www.borderreport.com/news/national/prosecutor-rejects-new-defense-info-in-mollie-tibbetts-case/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@rangerrebew

Ok,I am now confused by all this.

She IS still dead,right?

Did the judge decide she is less dead because she was murdered by a His-Panic,who confessed to murdering her?

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
This could be a coordinated scam.
Suspect A commits a murder.
Just as Suspect A is about to be convicted,
Suspect B claims to be the guilty one.
So Suspect A is found Not Guilty.

Then, when Suspect B is tried and about to be convicted,
Suspect A confesses, so that Suspect B will be found Not Guilty.
And, because of the prohibition against double jeopardy,
Neither Suspect A or Suspect B can be tried again for the murder.

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This could be a coordinated scam.
Suspect A commits a murder.
Just as Suspect A is about to be convicted,
Suspect B claims to be the guilty one.
So Suspect A is found Not Guilty.

Then, when Suspect B is tried and about to be convicted,
Suspect A confesses, so that Suspect B will be found Not Guilty.
And, because of the prohibition against double jeopardy,
Neither Suspect A or Suspect B can be tried again for the murder.

@unite for individuality

Sounds like a plan to me. If it is the same lawyer on defense for both trials,he could be having problems with the Bar Association,though.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
@unite for individuality

Sounds like a plan to me. If it is the same lawyer on defense for both trials,
he could be having problems with the Bar Association,though.

Unless the Bar Association is filled with political hacks. 
Which it almost certainly is in some states.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline mortarman

Oh what the he'll. My solution, hang 'em both. Only need one tall tree an' enough rope. It ain't like society will miss either one of these scumbags anyway.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline PeteS in CA

Judge denies Mollie Tibbetts convicted killer's motion for new trial

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/judge-denies-new-trial-mollie-tibbetts-killer

A judge denied a motion for a new trial from the man convicted of murder in the 2018 stabbing death of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts.

Cristhian Bahena Rivera, a farmhand who entered the United States illegally when he was a teenager, was convicted of first-degree murder on May 28 after a jury trial. Defense lawyers argued he was coerced into killing Tibbetts by masked agitators. Earlier in the month, Rivera's attorneys suggested he be allowed a new trial as two separate witnesses alleged a man named Gavin Jones confessed to the murder.

Judge Joel Yates denied the motion on Monday, paving the way for Rivera to be sentenced on Aug. 30 for the grisly killing, according to documents filed in Poweshiek County, Iowa. Yates cited multiple "discrepancies" in the "versions of events" presented at the May trial and in the motion for a new hearing.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.