Author Topic: ‘Millions Of Floridians Are Going To Die’ Because Of Ron DeSantis, Claims Teacher’s Union President  (Read 3271 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Millions Of Floridians Are Going To Die’ Because Of Ron DeSantis, Claims Teacher’s Union President

Greg Price
Contributor
July 14, 2021 8:10 PM ET

The president of America’s second-largest teacher’s union claimed Wednesday that “millions” of Floridians are going to die because of Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis.

Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers, was responding to DeSantis selling “Don’t Fauci My Florida” merchandise.

“Disgusting. Millions of Floridians are going to die for Ron DeSantis’ ignorance and he’s choosing to profit from it,” Weingarten said in a tweet. “He doesn’t care about Floridians; he cares about furthering his own cruel agenda.”

https://twitter.com/rweingarten/status/1415422576197840898

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/07/14/teachers-union-weingarten-desantis-millions-die/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Millions?   :2popcorn:

Math is not this teachers union persons strong suite. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Must be that common core math.

Offline thackney

After over half the state population receiving the vaccines, this nut job thinks the deaths will go from 38k to millions?

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/florida?view=cumulative-deaths&tab=trend

And 11.8 million with a vaccine only leaves less than 10 million with no vaccination.  What makes her think the virus is suddenly going to go from 1.8% mortality (including time before we could effectively treat) to over 20%, worse than anywhere else in the world?

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

Of course thinking was not involved with her claims.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 02:01:47 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Hoodat

Only millions?  Why not gazillions?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

Don't Fauci My Florida. 

Ordering my T-shirt or Hat today!

DeSantis just keeps on keeping on!

Offline libertybele

Bull Fauci -- more liberal lies.  We've seen a slight up tick but considering we have appx. 900 people moving to FL per day this isn't surprising.  My realtor friend said for every 1 person leaving the state, 7 are moving in.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Don't Fauci My Florida. 

Ordering my T-shirt or Hat today!

DeSantis just keeps on keeping on!

That makes two of us.   888high58888

« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 02:42:33 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

But you know the media is going to go all out to make it appear that things are bad in Florida, even if they have to make it up.

Offline Wingnut

But you know the media is going to go all out to make it appear that things are bad in Florida, even if they have to make it up.

Most people here are wise to them though.  But they keep trying. Like ugly on a Baldwin brother, it don't wash off.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The carnage will be in underserved rural areas where there are no news cameras.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"MILLIONS are going to DIE......."?

This yahoo gets MY nomination for "Drama Queen of the Year".

BTW,who or what does he think is going to populate Florida after all the citiziens die away,deer and crocs?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Only millions?  Why not gazillions?

@Hoodat

Maybe she didn't want people to think she was getting hysterical?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

That claim is moronic on its face. As of this morning, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ , less than 38,300 Floridians have died of Covid in the year and a half (or more) Covid has been circulating in the US.

FL is experiencing a bump in new cases. It's a fraction of the summer 2020 and spring 2021 surge and bump, and a small fraction of the winter 2020-2021 surge. Unlike last summer's and winter's surges, FL has not had a surge or bump in deaths since the beginning of February, 2021, when daily deaths started plunging and then falling.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
That claim is moronic on its face. As of this morning, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ , less than 38,300 Floridians have died of Covid in the year and a half (or more) Covid has been circulating in the US.

FL is experiencing a bump in new cases. It's a fraction of the summer 2020 and spring 2021 surge and bump, and a small fraction of the winter 2020-2021 surge. Unlike last summer's and winter's surges, FL has not had a surge or bump in deaths since the beginning of February, 2021, when daily deaths started plunging and then falling.
How many untested and unvaccinated illegals has Biden dropped on Florida and other states?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'My bad': National teacher's union president backpedals after tweeting Gov. Ron DeSantis would cause 'millions' to die in Florida because of his 'ignorance' on COVID
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9793635/National-teachers-union-president-backpedals-covid-tweet-criticizing-Florida-governor.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34