Author Topic: Brace for flooding. A moon 'wobble' is coming, NASA warns  (Read 767 times)

Offline libertybele

Brace for flooding. A moon 'wobble' is coming, NASA warns
« on: July 14, 2021, 10:08:58 pm »
Brace for flooding. A moon 'wobble' is coming, NASA warns

Thanks to a "wobble" in the moon's orbit and rising sea levels, every coast in the United States will face rapidly increasing high tides that will start "a decade of dramatic increases in flood numbers" in the 2030s.

The conclusion, which was published in the Nature Climate Change journal by NASA Sea Level Change Science Team from the University of Hawaii, has to do with the moon's orbit, which takes 18.6 years to complete, according to NASA.

For half of that time period, Earth's regular daily tides are suppressed with high tides at a low average and low tides happening at a higher rate. In the other half of the cycle, the opposite occurs.

"High tides get higher, and low tides get lower. Global sea-level rise pushes high tides in only one direction – higher. So half of the 18.6-year lunar cycle counteracts the effect of sea-level rise on high tides, and the other half increases the effect," NASA explains.

The moon is in its tide-amplifying cycle right now, and there is no cause for concern of dramatic flooding given sea levels in the U.S. haven't risen much. However, when the moon returns to the tide-amplifying cycle, the seas will have had nearly a decade to rise.       .............

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/weather/2021/07/13/moons-wobble-cause-record-number-flood-nasa/7958703002/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Brace for flooding. A moon 'wobble' is coming, NASA warns
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 10:11:06 pm »
Yawn...
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 10:20:50 pm »
Going to be wobbling because they're driving in the foundation pilings...and everybody knows that the moon is hollow.

When an Apollo orbital booster fell down to the surface, the "GONG" lasted 22 hours.

Consider that the moon's size is exactly enough to provide an eclipse.  Nothing bigger/nothing smaller. 
Why doesn't the moon have its own day and night...why doesn't it rotate.

...and don't tell me it's because of Pink Floyd.

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 10:31:16 pm »
"The moon is in its tide-amplifying cycle right now, and there is no cause for concern of dramatic flooding given sea levels in the U.S. haven't risen much. However, when the moon returns to the tide-amplifying cycle, the seas will have had nearly a decade to rise."

It says the moon is in the "tide-amplifying cycle right now" - and then goes on to say that "when the moon returns to the tide-amplifying cycle",...

What crap. It directly contradicts itself in one sentence...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 10:51:18 pm »
Going to be wobbling because they're driving in the foundation pilings...and everybody knows that the moon is hollow.

When an Apollo orbital booster fell down to the surface, the "GONG" lasted 22 hours.

Consider that the moon's size is exactly enough to provide an eclipse.  Nothing bigger/nothing smaller. 
Why doesn't the moon have its own day and night...why doesn't it rotate.

...and don't tell me it's because of Pink Floyd.

:laugh:

Uh...huh....the "Dark Side of the Moon" don't ya know.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2021, 10:54:31 pm »
"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the
most of us... very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DB

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2021, 11:33:32 pm »
"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the
most of us... very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

It must be the wobble...