Author Topic: Markey: ‘Paranoid’ GOP Attempting ‘Carve Out the Voting Rights’ of Black and Brown Americans  (Read 299 times)

Offline Hoodat

Markey: ‘Paranoid’ GOP Attempting ‘Carve Out the Voting Rights’ of Black and Brown Americans

PAM KEY14 Jul 2021

Senator Ed Markey (D-MA) said Wednesday on MSNBC’s “Hallie Jackson Reports” that “paranoid” Republicans are attempting to take away the voting rights of Black and Brown Americans because two Democrats won their U.S. Senate races in Georgia.

Jackson said, “I want to ask you about voting rights. As you know, President Biden put this front and center those Texas Democrats have put this front and center. They’re calling for a carve-out on the filibuster. You have long called for abolishing the filibuster, at least you have lately. What does that look like specifically, this narrow cave on constitutional issues? Is that too vague for you? How do you define that? Do you see getting eventually Joe Manchin on board on something that narrow?”

Markey said, “Ultimately, what President Biden did yesterday was just lay out of the case that Republicans are contracting this out to state legislatures to carve out the voting rights of, especially Black and Brown Americans.   .  .  .

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/07/14/markey-paranoid-gop-attempting-carve-out-the-voting-rights-of-black-and-brown-americans/

Markey seems to have forgotten that it was Republicans who gave black and brown Americans their right to vote while Democrats were fighting tooth and nail to prevent it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

Wow.  The lies are just full-blown.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Markey, needs to look in his own backyard before he besmirches states he does not represent.

https://commonwealthmagazine.org/politics/turnout-numbers-highlight-wealth-racial-disparities/
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Hoodat

Here are some Massachusetts Democrats throwing rocks at school buses filled with black children back in the 70s.  Did Markey want to comment on that?

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Oh, how that picture brings me to back to the days of forced busing, that failed liberal Dem social experiment of the 1970s.

Poor and working people wanted better schools closer to home, but a Federal judge thought it would be better to ship poor and working-class children to a crappy school on the opposite side of town.

I believe forced busing was the start of Global Climate Change and Social Injustice.  All those diesel busses stuck in traffic expelling diesel exhaust in poor neighborhoods led to higher rates of chronic breathing illnesses and was the start of Global Climate Change.

So, liberal Dems, are to blame for Social Injustice and Global Climate Change.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Another racist white democrat that believes Blacks and Hispanics are just ignorant children incapable of having valid ID and figure out where to vote with out mommy/daddy government to help them(usually by doing all the hard work and voting for them). I know that everyone wonders as I do how these people drive without a license, get their free healthcare, food stamps, section 8 housing and social security. I mean I have no personal experience but pretty sure the court system and bail bondsmen require phot ID as do airlines and many others so how hard can it be for voters to show ID to vote?

To flip an idiot democrats line, it should be no harder to buy a gun than to vote because arguably more lives are lost to illegal voting and the policy that results than guns. Every state should have valid picture ID as a requirement to vote.

Offline dfwgator

Offline PeteS in CA

The paranoia, if it's real, is in the vast empty space between Markey's ears.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.