Author Topic: Biden, Democrats plot path on trillions in spending  (Read 194 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden, Democrats plot path on trillions in spending
« on: July 14, 2021, 08:33:58 pm »
Biden, Democrats plot path on trillions in spending
By Brett Samuels - 07/14/21 02:30 PM EDT

President Biden on Wednesday met with Senate Democrats for less than an hour as the group plots a path forward on two major infrastructure bills — one bipartisan and one with only Democratic support.

"It was great to be home, great to be back with my colleagues, and I think we're going to get a lot done," Biden said as he departed the meeting.

The president made his first appearance in person at Senate Democrats' weekly lunch after Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Budget Committee Democrats, led by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), announced late Tuesday they had reached a deal on a $3.5 trillion price tag for a Democratic-only package.

The larger package, which will include spending on health care, family care, education and climate initiatives, is being pushed simultaneously with a more targeted bipartisan infrastructure deal negotiated among a group of roughly 20 bipartisan senators.

The $3.5 trillion deal would need to pass through the budget reconciliation process with support from all 50 Democratic senators. Biden's appearance Wednesday was intended to rally the caucus around the initial agreement as a number of moderate Democrats have indicated they were waiting to learn more before committing their support.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/563010-biden-democrats-plot-path-on-trillions-in-spending
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Biden, Democrats plot path on trillions in spending
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 08:34:56 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Biden, Democrats plot path on trillions in spending
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 08:58:41 pm »
The government is paying thousands per person to keep people home. My daughter the student’s bank account just keeps growing, and she’s not working - not even part time.