Author Topic: Kristi Noem’s National Guard Deployment Is America’s Future  (Read 1037 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: Kristi Noem’s National Guard Deployment Is America’s Future
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2021, 05:41:41 pm »
So we've devolved from government by consent of the people to government for hire by billionaires.

https://www.keloland.com/keloland-com-original/governor-noem-tennessee-billionaire-explain-1-million-donation-to-send-s-d-national-guard-to-mexico-border/

Would you prefer he hire private mercenaries instead?  Maybe some militia types with shaky trigger fingers?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2021, 05:43:19 pm »
I wonder if it was to show the hypocrisy of Dem governors sending NG units to guard the Palace after Jan 6.

But .  .  .  but  .  .  .  but that's different.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline berdie

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2021, 08:43:54 pm »
Just another step towards our Constitutional Federal Republic devolving into a feudal amalgam of fiefdoms, warlords, and mercenary armies.

The National Guard were intended to be citizen soldiers in the tradition of Revolutionary War Minutemen, not mercenary armies for hire to poltical donors.

I see your point. But just for the sake of argument let's say this man is not a political donor but is a patriot that is concerned about illegal immigration and the affects on the entire country. I don't know if Noem was planning to send troops (as other states have) prior to his donation or not. Do you?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2021, 10:09:01 pm »
The Vulcan wrote:
"If a private citizen is willing to pony up to do the job the FedGov won't do, then fine by me."

Complete agreement.

I'm for financing and building the wall by any means possible.
I don't care HOW it's done, so long as it's done.

The same goes for protecting the border as it is now.
If it takes "soldier-mercenaries" to do it, again, I don't care HOW they're financed.
Just so long as they're there.

Offline AARguy

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2021, 02:48:51 pm »
Where are the parents of this "HAHA" child? Another little kid out of control... being disruptive.