Author Topic: SecDef Austin Commits US To ‘Responsible AI’  (Read 527 times)

rangerrebew

SecDef Austin Commits US To ‘Responsible AI’
« on: July 14, 2021, 01:45:06 pm »
 SecDef Austin Commits US To ‘Responsible AI’

"AI is going to change many things about military operations, but nothing is going to change America’s commitment to the laws of war and the principles of our democracy," the Defense Secretary said.
By   Colin Clark on July 13, 2021 at 4:44 PM

WASHINGTON: In a clear sign of the fundamental importance of ethics and human control to the coming age of artificial intelligence in the US military, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin declared his department will “do it the right way,” even as competitors like China use AI to better monitor and suppress their citizens.

“In the AI realm, as in many others, we understand that China is our pacing challenge. We’re going to compete to win, but we’re going to do it the right way,” Austin told a day-long conference of the National Security Commission on Artificial Intelligence (NACAI). “So our use of AI must reinforce our democratic values, protect our rights, ensure our safety, and defend our privacy. Of course, we understand the pressures and the tensions. And we know that evaluations of the legal and ethical implications of novel tech can take time.”

One of the most difficult challenges experts have identified with AI-directed weapons is the temptation of accepting their immense speed of response as an advantage regardless of the consequences. “AI is going to change many things about military operations, but nothing is going to change America’s commitment to the laws of war and the principles of our democracy,” Austin said.

https://breakingdefense.com/2021/07/secdef-austin-commits-us-to-responsible-ai/?_ga=2.177866082.670979782.1626242006-1998925558.1593697052

rangerrebew

Re: SecDef Austin Commits US To ‘Responsible AI’
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 01:47:56 pm »
TRANSLATION:  find only programs that will identify white, conservative, patriotic people, and advise the president of what he can do to better support the militaries of China and Russia. :thud:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 11:53:42 pm »
So a weapon that only targets White people? Not very helpful in a war with the Chicoms.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 12:17:10 am »
TRANSLATION:  find only programs that will identify white, conservative, patriotic people, and advise the president of what he can do to better support the militaries of China and Russia. :thud:

Exactly. God help us all.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.