Author Topic: Fed court rules banning handgun purchases for people under 21 is unconstitutional  (Read 555 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by Liz George   July 13, 2021

A federal appeals court ruled on Tuesday that federal regulations limiting the sale of handguns to individuals 21 and older violate Second Amendment rights.

A divided panel of three judges from the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals found the restrictions to be unconstitutional. Judge Julius N. Richardson, an appointee of former President Donald Trump, wrote in the majority opinion.

“When do constitutional rights vest? At 18 or 21? 16 or 25? Why not 13 or 33? In the law, a line must sometimes be drawn. But there must be a reason why constitutional rights cannot be enjoyed until a certain age,” Richardson wrote. “Our nation’s most cherished constitutional rights vest no later than 18. And the Second Amendment’s right to keep and bear arms is no different.”

Richardson went on to note that 18-year-olds “were required at the time of the Founding to serve in the militia and furnish their own weapons.” He asked whether the government has displayed good reason to justify infringing on those rights now.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/07/fed-court-rules-banning-handgun-purchases-for-people-under-21-is-unconstitutional/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"It's been a long time coming,but a change is gonna come......."

Yes,I do see the irony of quoting a Sam Cooke line for pro-gun purposes.

Don't care.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

"It's been a long time coming,but a change is gonna come......."

Yes,I do see the irony of quoting a Sam Cooke line for pro-gun purposes.

Don't care.

This will likely go all the way to the SCOTUS.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

It sure as heck violates common sense. You NEED a sidearm up in these woods... I have been packing since I was maybe 14 and owned my own at 16.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
More

Appeals Court Defends Gun Rights in Massive Win for Second Amendment
https://spectator.org/appeals-court-gun-rights/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34