Author Topic: This is the ‘best place’ to live in America — and it isn’t on the coast  (Read 636 times)

Offline libertybele

I would so love to live there  -- it's pricey though.

This is the ‘best place’ to live in America — and it isn’t on the coast

The East and West Coasts can stop duking it out over which is the better place to live — because neither comes out on top, according to a new report.

Boulder, Colorado, topped U.S. News and World Report’s annual ranking of the “best places” to live in the U.S. It’s the second consecutive year that the city earned this distinction. It’s not the only city in the Centennial State to crack the top 10, with Colorado Springs coming in at No. 6 on the list.

“This blissed-out enclave attracts young professionals, families, academics, scientists, transplants from both coasts, old guards who insist it was way cooler in the 1970s and, above all, lovers of outdoor recreation,” the magazine’s write-up of Boulder proclaimed. “Trail runners, hikers, climbers, cyclists and more move here to live in this perpetual playground, where the answer to ‘What do you do?’ is often one’s activity of choice, not occupation.”

U.S. News and World Report developed the list based on factors including the job market, quality of life, desirability and net migration inflows. The rankings incorporate data from the U.S. Census Bureau, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, digital health company Sharecare, and the Bureau of Labor Statistics, plus the news outlet’s companion rankings of the best high schools and best hospitals in the country................

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-is-the-best-place-to-live-in-america-and-it-isnt-on-the-coast-11626202597?mod=home-page
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The trouble with Boulder is that it's full of Boulderite's  A general class of people similar to the Hippie, who live on a diet of  organic laced marijuana baked goods, fruits, nuts, granola and such. They are liberal and woke in thinking and very much into outdoor activities. They can be distinguished by their economial yet functional vehicles and shabby attire and lack of work ethic.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

The trouble with Boulder is that it's full of Boulderite's  A general class of people similar to the Hippie, who live on a diet of  organic laced marijuana baked goods, fruits, nuts, granola and such. They are liberal and woke in thinking and very much into outdoor activities. They can be distinguished by their economial yet functional vehicles and shabby attire and lack of work ethic.

There's still no denying that CO is absolutely beautifully breathtaking. I never lived there, only stayed for about three weeks on vacation; Denver, Grand Junction, Mesa Verde, Durango, Silverton, Ouray, Vail, Apen, Colorado Springs and Rocky Mountain National Park.

Lived in AK, but I think CO is more beautiful.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

@libertybele I agree that it is gorgeous. I really wanted to live there when I was younger but my hubby nixed that idea. I could now...but the cold winter would render me useless, lol.

You mentioned Silverton...I loved it! Also Pagosa Springs. Although I'm sure they have changed since I was there.

Offline rustynail

There is no place like home.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This is like Pravda saying Leningrad was the best city in the world at the height of the Soviet Union.

I lived in Boulder for a year in 1989. It's only beautiful because of the Flatirons. Otherwise it's just a bunch of commies being elitist snobs.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
More than 30 years ago, Money magazine called my town "the best in America".
And that's when it started to go downhill...

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline roamer_1

Yup... Denver,  Boulder, and Aspen... liberal crapholes. Rural folks are more what you'd expect of Coloradans.