Author Topic: Monsoon is set to unleash flooding rains in drought-stricken Arizona  (Read 784 times)

Online libertybele

Monsoon is set to unleash flooding rains in drought-stricken Arizona

The punishing heat wave continues in much of the West. However, for some in places in the Southwest including Arizona, the long-awaited monsoon will bring milder temperatures and rainfall.
It may just arrive a little bit too fast, raising flash flooding concerns in the area.
"Afternoon and evening showers and storms are expected to be in place across the Four Corners region, and especially southern Arizona and New Mexico, as the southwest monsoon kicks into high gear," the Weather Prediction Center said Tuesday morning.

Rainfall amounts of anywhere from a half inch to 1 inch are possible, said the National Weather Service in Phoenix. Upper-end amounts of 2 to 4 inches aren't out of the question.....................

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/13/weather/arizona-rainfall-monsoon-drought-flood/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline thackney

Re: Monsoon is set to unleash flooding rains in drought-stricken Arizona
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 08:19:38 pm »
Monsoon is set to unleash flooding rains in drought-stricken Arizona...

...Rainfall amounts of anywhere from a half inch to 1 inch are possible...

We had 10 inches last week, 18 inches a couple hours to the south.

Hard to think of an inch or rain as a monsoon...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 08:21:46 pm »
Climate change doncha know.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 08:39:03 pm »
We had 10 inches last week, 18 inches a couple hours to the south.

Hard to think of an inch or rain as a monsoon...

I was thinking the exact same thing.  We had 6 inches of rain last week along with storm surge from Elsa and it flooded the streets (the idiots hadn't cleaned the storm drains because of the pandemic).  My SIL lives out in AZ and they have monsoon season  ... and road washouts....I'm not so sure about an inch of rain causing problems?

Maybe @Cyber Liberty can fill us in.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 08:40:55 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2021, 08:49:34 pm »
I was thinking the exact same thing.  We had 6 inches of rain last week along with storm surge from Elsa and it flooded the streets (the idiots hadn't cleaned the storm drains because of the pandemic).  My SIL lives out in AZ and they have monsoon season  ... and road washouts....I'm not so sure about an inch of rain causing problems?

Maybe @Cyber Liberty can fill us in.

An inch of rain is a lot.  There would be lots of closures of unbridged streets, and washes will flow.  The desert floor is Caliche, which is like solid clay.  Water just runs right off with no absorption.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2021, 08:52:47 pm »
   I just heard Chocolate Mushrooms are very potent there also.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2021, 09:04:19 pm »

happy77 I'll take your word for it @ corbe.  Last shrooms I saw people (native Eskimos) 'handling' was up in AK and that was many many years ago.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2021, 09:20:54 pm »

Why do 'shrooms when you can have Peyote?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: