Author Topic: AZ Candidate Blake Masters: Conservatives Can’t Take the Senate Without Taking Back Arizona  (Read 7571 times)

Offline Hoodat

The Executives have already seen me be a pain in the ass....at my very first meeting.  A minor issue, but they noted it.

It's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.

I'm hoping they'll offer me a Million Dollars to shut up.  yogi555
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
NONE of it is 'working' for me - which is why I haven't been a Republican since 07... Refusing to support it for any reason. And with no obligation to act like y'all, I vote only for Conservatives, dyed in the wool. I will compromise no more.

I will no no longer participate in their feckless 'defense', squandering what Yah has given us. You want my vote? Raise up Conservatives (REAL ones), or STFU.

Why is it up to me to "raise" anything.

Offline roamer_1

Why is it up to me to "raise" anything.

The customer is always right.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
The customer is always right.

Enjoy not getting anything you want.

Offline roamer_1

Enjoy not getting anything you want.

No damn different. Republicans ain't got anything I want anymore than Democrats do.

Offline Hoodat

I will no no longer participate in their feckless 'defense', squandering what Yah has given us. You want my vote? Raise up Conservatives (REAL ones), or STFU.

Tell us how you really feel, @roamer_1
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Real conservatives in this era of government?  File that one under Unicorns, Skittles, and Rainbows.

I share Roamer's fatigue of "lessers of evils", and have pretty much come to the conclusion we are about at the point of no return.  Our drunkened sailor legilsatures are taking the proverbial "blank check" to extremes, and have mortgaged the future of 2 maybe 3 generations.  Me?  I am about at the point of just sticking my middle finger at D.C., and ready my family and inner circle for the Dystopia that awaits us.

Never have I ever felt more like the present United States government is the biggest danger to the United States in our entire history. Lenin, Stalin, and Khruschev  are laughing their asses off in their graves, as the takeover ended up being an inside job.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

Ain't I yet? Well, pull up a chair... This will take a while...  :laugh: :beer:

Offline roamer_1

Real conservatives in this era of government?  File that one under Unicorns, Skittles, and Rainbows.

I share Roamer's fatigue of "lessers of evils", and have pretty much come to the conclusion we are about at the point of no return.  Our drunkened sailor legilsatures are taking the proverbial "blank check" to extremes, and have mortgaged the future of 2 maybe 3 generations.  Me?  I am about at the point of just sticking my middle finger at D.C., and ready my family and inner circle for the Dystopia that awaits us.

Never have I ever felt more like the present United States government is the biggest danger to the United States in our entire history. Lenin, Stalin, and Khruschev  are laughing their asses off in their graves, as the takeover ended up being an inside job.

There don't seem to be any point in supporting it, from any side...
I don't know if it is past the point of no return. But what it would take to fix it, blowing all the chocks out from under the market and keeping taxes high, and retaining that posture for a decade or two, while stopping spending and reducing government to its least operational size... And paying down the debt with those high taxes, while controlling inflation by burning all the money they've been printing... All while increasing civil distress continues to mount as services people have relied upon for generations are curtailed... All of that, and at the right dose, would be like threading a needle alongside the road, from a car moving at highway speeds, without your glasses...

Well, that ain't a likely combination.

So it will happen a thousand times worse, and all at once instead. And that end is dang near written in stone.
And folks wonder why I am not impressed with candy from the clown at the front of the parade....
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 04:55:08 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
There don't seem to be any point in supporting it, from any side...
I don't know if it is past the point of no return. But what it would take to fix it, blowing all the chocks out from under the market and keeping taxes high, and retaining that posture for a decade or two, while stopping spending and reducing government to its least operational size... And paying down the debt with those high taxes, while controlling inflation by burning all the money they've been printing... All while increasing civil distress continues to mount as services people have relied upon for generations are curtailed... All of that, and at the right dose, would be like threading a needle alongside the road, from a car moving at highway speeds, without your glasses...

Well, that ain't a likely combination.

So it will happen a thousand times worse, and all at once instead. And that end is dang near written in stone.
And folks wonder why I am not impressed with candy from the clown at the front of the parade....

I get this.

But I am unwilling to admit it can't be fixed.

Let me start by saying that republicans (and to some extent conservatives) have allowed this happen for the past 60 years.

You don't fix a mess you took 60 years to create overnight.

It is incremental and bit by bit. 

I don't like the AZ has two democratic senators.

But one of them is (IMHO) at least not a lock-step left winger.  I want someone better.

The rhetoric from the right needs to step away from being so confrontational and needs to focus on the issues at hand.

The biggest being that Washington DC is far to big.  It was never intended to be that way.  It now processes or doles out 20 to 22% of our TOTAL GDP. 

And we wonder why lobbyists are so prevelant.

That puts our congress in charge of cash flows much much larger than Wal Mart. 

And most of them have no clue as to how to run a business or manage money.

The GOP is silent on key issues (which, like health care, don't need to be fixed by the government....but still need to be fixed).

Where are the voices for the 10th amendment.

They've been silent for decades.

If you want change, step up and start demanding that our government function as it should.

You'll be mocked and (if you do it alone) crucified.  But if we organize, we can start to move the needle.

Offline roamer_1

I get this.

But I am unwilling to admit it can't be fixed.

Oh, it CAN be fixed  - It just won't be fixed, as evidenced by pretty much my whole lifetime.

Let me start by saying that republicans (and to some extent conservatives) have allowed this happen for the past 60 years.

You don't fix a mess you took 60 years to create overnight.

It is incremental and bit by bit. 

Yeah, there's that same tired old song I have heard for thirty plus years. Your incrementalism has netted exactly *nothing* in all that time... It has proven to lose ground the whole way along.

In fact, the only two Conservative movements that have mattered in all that time came with considerable insistence - Both the 94 Congress and the TEA Party happened when populism took a back seat to Conservatism in the midst of huge public demand, and those changes that DID happen happened all at once, in a flood.

So much for the falsity of incrementalism. Either demand your representatives toe the Conservative line, or don't damnwell bother.

Not to mention that there is no more time for incrementalism, Somebody better come with an axe or it will be too late. But that will never happen, because too many will settle for nothing and call it a win.

The rhetoric from the right needs to step away from being so confrontational and needs to focus on the issues at hand.

The biggest being that Washington DC is far to big.  It was never intended to be that way.  It now processes or doles out 20 to 22% of our TOTAL GDP. 

There IS NO rhetoric from the right. Only compromise and fear of democrats. Fecklessness.
No balls.

In fact, that is supposedly the appeal of Tumpy. 'He fights', right? No matter how mislead that idea, doesn't that prove a desire for harder words and lines in the sand? wouldn't that equate to  a firm rhetoric?

They've been silent for decades.

You mean they've been silenced for decades... By populists and moderates.

If you want change, step up and start demanding that our government function as it should.

You'll be mocked and (if you do it alone) crucified.  But if we organize, we can start to move the needle.

I know all about it. I didn't leave the Republicans, the Republicans left me.

And I am a team player. Just not for your team. I was in up to my lips with the TEA Party. You might want to ponder why I will not go to bat for y'all.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, I ain't giving up just yet.  I also don't know if Masters is the correct vehicle.  I'm not wasting my time digging up the backstories on the candidates just yet, I just know Brnovich won't be getting my vote in this race.

I gotta know more about "the fire in the belly."  The lack of that is just one sure-fire indicator a Candidate will be a grievous disappointment in Office.  That's why I'll not be voting for The Brn.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Oh, it CAN be fixed  - It just won't be fixed, as evidenced by pretty much my whole lifetime.

Just what does "fixed" look like to you then ?

In my book it isn't McStain or Romney. 

They are too willing to let the federal government be as big it is now.

When was the last time ANYBODY appealed to the 10th amendment in earnest ?

I can't recall.

Seems to come up as a last resort....not the first.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

Yeah, there's that same tired old song I have heard for thirty plus years. Your incrementalism has netted exactly *nothing* in all that time... It has proven to lose ground the whole way along.

In fact, the only two Conservative movements that have mattered in all that time came with considerable insistence - Both the 94 Congress and the TEA Party happened when populism took a back seat to Conservatism in the midst of huge public demand, and those changes that DID happen happened all at once, in a flood.

You might want to consider that the 94 congress got it done with Bill Clinton.

But then along comes one of the bigger disasters in the history of this country....GWB.

Spends us to stupidville and gets us into wars we don't need to be in.

A GOP congress (including many of those 1994 types) were right there helping him take us to the world of big debt.

I can't recall the last time heard someone, anyone espouse true, grassroots fiscal activity that addresses the concerns of the day.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 10:32:55 pm by HikerGuy83 »

Offline Hoodat

You might want to consider that the 94 congress got it done with Bill Clinton.

Got what done?  Gutted our defense?  Reduced military spending below 3% of GDP for the first time since 1940?

But then along comes one of the bigger disasters in the history of this country....GWB.

Spends us to stupidville and gets us into wars we don't need to be in.

It was his dad who got us into the war.  Iraq violated the cease fire agreement from that war.  As for spending, he restored our defenses after 8 years of neglect by Clinton.  And by 2006, the deficit was coming down considerably. It was one-tenth of what it would be just 3 years later.

I know there are a lot of GWB haters in here.  But there was a lot he got right.  Think for a second what it would have been like if Algore had been in the White House on 9/11.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Got what done?  Gutted our defense?  Reduced military spending below 3% of GDP for the first time since 1940?

It was his dad who got us into the war.  Iraq violated the cease fire agreement from that war.  As for spending, he restored our defenses after 8 years of neglect by Clinton.  And by 2006, the deficit was coming down considerably. It was one-tenth of what it would be just 3 years later.

I know there are a lot of GWB haters in here.  But there was a lot he got right.  Think for a second what it would have been like if Algore had been in the White House on 9/11.

I have to agree with you some what about GWB.  His first term he did pretty well,  IMHO, his 2nd term was a disaster!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

I voted fore the dumbass....twice.

I had watched Al Gore long enough to know I was truly scared of him.

I was against the invasion during the run-up and Bush really screwed us. 

He was on track for NO DEBT and he truly blew it.

He was not a fiscal conservative.

What really hurt was that I was (and had been for a long time) a huge fan of Cheney.  I was so very excited at him being VP (when everyone was like....Who ?).

I felt let down. 

The American people actually gave GWB an off year gain in seats. 

And he and the spend happy congress threw it all away.

By 2006, he had truly screwed conservatives over.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
I have to agree with you some what about GWB.  His first term he did pretty well,  IMHO, his 2nd term was a disaster!

GWB was a moron.

I would have voted for his wife before him.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
The ONLY thing that will fix this is enough Conservatives,

Why don't you explain how that will fix anything.

I call myself conservative, but the not a "Trump" conservative. 

So, I can't understand just what it is that you are saying.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I voted fore the dumbass....twice.

I had watched Al Gore long enough to know I was truly scared of him.

I was against the invasion during the run-up and Bush really screwed us. 

He was on track for NO DEBT and he truly blew it.

He was not a fiscal conservative.

What really hurt was that I was (and had been for a long time) a huge fan of Cheney.  I was so very excited at him being VP (when everyone was like....Who ?).

I felt let down. 

The American people actually gave GWB an off year gain in seats. 

And he and the spend happy congress threw it all away.

By 2006, he had truly screwed conservatives over.

W got us needlessly in to Iraq.  Worst political decsion making in this country since 1861.

I voted for this turd twice too., and highly regret it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

Why don't you explain how that will fix anything.

I call myself conservative, but the not a "Trump" conservative. 

So, I can't understand just what it is that you are saying.

You're kidding, right? Read the rest of the thread since July.

And you can call yourself anything you want. MANY call themselves Conservative and don't have any idea what it means. Look at the latest populist movement dressed in conservative quotes - Tumpy bought us a full quarter if not a third of the entire debt in but four years and still many would have him be the poster child for conservatism.

It is to laugh.

Conservatism is not hard to define. As it touches politics it is the right wing of the Republican party ala Goldwater-Reagan... Now largely extinct. But that coalition is all it has ever been wrt governance... Supporting the unmovable principles of the three (I would say four) factions of political Conservatism. That's the ONLY way we ever won, and the only way we ever will.

TEA approached it. 94 Congress too.

But it needs to be in charge and sustained that way for a generation or two.
Or raise up another party.

Offline DB

W got us needlessly in to Iraq.  Worst political decsion making in this country since 1861.

I voted for this turd twice too., and highly regret it.

W's BIG mistake was nation building. We could have destroyed Saddam's "government" and promptly left. Not rebuild anything. Made him an example of why you don't want to provoke us. And if the next guy wants to do the same, repeat and rinse. Nation building is what cost all the lives and treasure.