Author Topic: Dershowitz Makes BOLD Prediction About Justice Breyer’s Future: Here’s What We Know  (Read 464 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dershowitz Makes BOLD Prediction About Justice Breyer’s Future: Here’s What We Know

by Jonathan Davis
about 2 hours ago

Harvard professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz on Saturday predicted that U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Stephen Breyer will retire next year to make it appear as though he’s not caving in to pressure from the left.

Dershowitz, who described the liberal justice as a “friend,” told Newsmax that he believes Breyer will call it quits next August, giving President Joe Biden’s administration and the still-Democrat majority Senate time to bring on a new, younger left-wing jurist.

“Next August, he will retire,” Dershowitz told “Saturday Report.”

“That will give the president the power to appoint somebody before there’s a new Senate,” he continued.

“So, everybody on the left will be happy, and Breyer will be able to say, ‘I didn’t give into pressure.’ That’s my prediction,” he continued.

Dershowitz said that demands from the left for Breyer to step down now have backfired because justices’ lifetime appointments were constitutionally designed to insulate them from political pressures of any kind.

Nevertheless, Breyer will be 84 next August and he is aware of the law, the political landscape, and the current make-up of the high court. He knows that he’ll have to step down while there is still a Democratic majority.

more
https://trendingpolitics.com/dershowitz-makes-bold-prediction-about-justice-breyers-future-heres-what-we-know/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

giving President Joe Biden’s administration and the still-Democrat majority Senate time to bring on a new, younger left-wing jurist.
i.e., Marxist.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
mountaineer wrote:
"i.e., Marxist."

Yes, of course.
I would expect nothing less from the left, from now on.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a black female nominee, a muslim if they can find one...

Offline libertybele

mountaineer wrote:
"i.e., Marxist."

Yes, of course.
I would expect nothing less from the left, from now on.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a black female nominee, a muslim if they can find one...

They'll pack the courts liberal and no worries, they'll find a female Black Muslim.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Commie bastards!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!