Author Topic: ‘This Is Talibanism’: Media Melts Down Over Law Giving Americans Power To Sue Abortion Clinics, Doct  (Read 357 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘This Is Talibanism’: Media Melts Down Over Law Giving Americans Power To Sue Abortion Clinics, Doctors

Mary Margaret Olohan
Social Issues Reporter
July 12, 2021 12:05 PM ET

Media figures and Democrats melted down Monday over a new Texas law, comparing the law to the Taliban and the dystopian show The Handmaid’s Tale.
    Texas’ Heartbeat Act bans abortions after the baby’s heartbeat can be detected and gives Americans the right to sue abortion clinics or individuals who help mothers obtain abortions in the state.
    “So now Texas Republicans are putting bounties on pregnant women,” Joy Reid tweeted. “I almost hate to ask what this benighted party will think of next. This is Talibanism. Are Texas conservatives going to be spying on women of childbearing age and turning them in for the bounties?”

Media figures and Democrats melted down Monday over a new Texas law that gives Americans the right to sue abortion clinics or individuals who help mothers obtain abortions in the state of Texas.

Texas’ Heartbeat Act, signed into law May 19, bans abortions after the unborn baby‘s heartbeat can be detected (usually by about six weeks). The law, which makes exceptions for medical emergencies but not in cases of rape or incest, gives private citizens both in and out of Texas the power to sue abortion clinics or individuals who help women obtain abortions, according to The Texas Tribune.

This may make the law more difficult to challenge in court, the publication noted.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/07/12/joy-reid-texas-abortion-jennifer-rubin-roe-v-wade-taliban-texas/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

‘This Is Talibanism’: Media Melts Down Over Law Giving Americans Power To Sue Abortion Clinics, Doctors

Mary Margaret Olohan
Social Issues Reporter
July 12, 2021 12:05 PM ET

Media figures and Democrats melted down Monday over a new Texas law, comparing the law to the Taliban and the dystopian show The Handmaid’s Tale.
    Texas’ Heartbeat Act bans abortions after the baby’s heartbeat can be detected and gives Americans the right to sue abortion clinics or individuals who help mothers obtain abortions in the state.
    “So now Texas Republicans are putting bounties on pregnant women,” Joy Reid tweeted. “I almost hate to ask what this benighted party will think of next. This is Talibanism. Are Texas conservatives going to be spying on women of childbearing age and turning them in for the bounties?”

Media figures and Democrats melted down Monday over a new Texas law that gives Americans the right to sue abortion clinics or individuals who help mothers obtain abortions in the state of Texas.

Texas’ Heartbeat Act, signed into law May 19, bans abortions after the unborn baby‘s heartbeat can be detected (usually by about six weeks). The law, which makes exceptions for medical emergencies but not in cases of rape or incest, gives private citizens both in and out of Texas the power to sue abortion clinics or individuals who help women obtain abortions, according to The Texas Tribune.

This may make the law more difficult to challenge in court, the publication noted.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/07/12/joy-reid-texas-abortion-jennifer-rubin-roe-v-wade-taliban-texas/

The liberal insanity has to stop sooner or later.  Right?   They have no logic.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

“So now Texas Republicans are putting bounties on pregnant women,” Joy Reid tweeted.
Joy has reading comprehension problems. Suing an abortion clinic is not going after a pregnant woman (unless she's the one who owns the abortion clinic, which seems unlikely).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The opposition has used financial threats against us for years.

Time to play the game their way to see if they like it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline PeteS in CA

Here's something I'll guarantee Joy Reid didn't read, https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/87R/billtext/pdf/SB00008H.pdf . As far as I can - I skimmed it - it has nothing to do with criminal law. "Putting bounties on pregnant women" is a lie (Reid is ignorant, but as a media person should have read the bill before making this outrageously false claim ... hence I call it a lie). Going further, I didn't see any consequences for a mother who had her baby killed.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.