Author Topic: Dem Rep. Jones Calls on Biden to Have an ‘LBJ moment’ — Make ‘Multiracial Democracy the Singular Pro  (Read 499 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem Rep. Jones Calls on Biden to Have an ‘LBJ moment’ — Make ‘Multiracial Democracy the Singular Project at This Stage of His Presidency’

Jeff Poor 14 Jul 2021

During Tuesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “All In,” Rep. Mondaire Jones (D-NY) urged President Joe Biden to make “multiracial democracy” a priority of his presidency.

He likened the effort to what former President Lyndon B. Johnson undertook during his presidency.

“Democrats have unified control of the federal government and can deliver on the promise of a multiracial democracy by simply passing voting rights legislation on a majority vote, right?” he said. “So, we have to try. This president can have an LBJ moment where he makes multiracial democracy the singular project at this stage of his presidency. And he can prevail. I’ve got to believe, especially given some of the eight historical, illogical arguments set forth by Senators Manchin and Sinema with respect to the origins of the filibuster and what happens when you get rid of the filibuster, that there is something that they want. There was something that he can do in exchange for their support for salvaging our ailing democracy. But he has to try.”

“And to be taken seriously by them and by the American people, I think he has to describe a solution that is credible,” Jones continued. “And that requires knowing that we can’t get 10 Republican senators to even support a bipartisan commission to investigate the deadly events on January 6, dispensing with a sip the filibuster and protecting the right to vote because the consequences otherwise are dire for our democracy. This is the party of insurrection. These folks, two-thirds of my House Republican Colleagues voted not to certify that free and fair presidential election, just after nearly dying alongside hours earlier. These are people who are not interested in the project of government or delivering real relief for the American people.”

“These are folks who will first redistrict Democrats out of power for next — for the next decade if we don’t pass the For the People Act,” he added. “And then they can’t be trusted to vote to certify the next presidential election if a Democratic president is fortunate enough to be elected president in November of 2024 in a voter suppression environment. Those are these things.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/07/14/dem-rep-jones-calls-on-biden-to-have-an-lbj-moment-make-multiracial-democracy-the-singular-project-at-this-stage-of-his-presidency/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Dem Rep. Jones Calls on Biden to Have an ‘LBJ moment’

I have never heard of that creature before,but that boy is D-U-M "dumb" if he thinks LBJ liked blacks for anything other than voters and servants.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

The only thing Biden has in common with LBJ is that they are both racists.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It seems like diminishing returns.  Does this half-wit want to increase Dem black votes from 85% to 95%?

We already know "Multi Racial" means all races that are not Caucasian.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DefiantMassRINO

Didn't we have an LBJ moment over 55 years ago?  What happened to that one?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Needs a Booster Shot.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
You mean have a meeting while he's on the crapper? Biden already does that, except he craps in his depends. Haven't you notice how he has those pauses with a far away lookin his eyes...................just like a baby crapping in it's diapers. Or is it to be a LBJ moment like:

These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.

OR

"I'll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for 200 years."

Now Snopes, not surprisingly finds that the last one in is false but this person rebuts that finding and I am more inclined to trust their statement than anything from Snopes.

tpecore 6/11/2020 - 03:33 PM-
John - my father was assigned to the White House from 1966-1971. He has told me and my brothers on several occasions of Johnson using that racial slur - and he used it openly - especially when he was angry. A few years ago I came across the quote, “ I'll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for 200 years." And asked my dad it it was true that Johnson said it. And he was very clear that it was common knowledge that the quote true among the staff.

As disgusting as LBJ was I believe that Biden is worse and capable of having many more LBJ moments than he already has had.

Offline skeeter

The only thing Biden has in common with LBJ is that they are both racists.
maybe the congressman means he wants to hear Biden say something LBJ-esqe, like ‘keeping the  n*&&ers voting democrat for the next 100 years”

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@DefiantMassRINO

To quote LBJ hissef,"The Democratic Party just locked up the bleep vote for the next 100 years!"

Wadda grate humanitarian!

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
@DefiantMassRINO

To quote LBJ hissef,"The Democratic Party just locked up the bleep vote for the next 100 years!"

Wadda grate humanitarian!

That's all we need is another LBJ moment .... wait .... now there's talk of reparations?

Just for you @sneakypete   (Lyrics now provided  :laugh:)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYJKBnGZnMA
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They say LBJ had a big unit.  Biden...not so much.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Cyber noted:
"We already know "Multi Racial" means all races that are not Caucasian."

For a working example, look at what's happening in South Africa right now...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That's all we need is another LBJ moment .... wait .... now there's talk of reparations?

Just for you @sneakypete   (Lyrics now provided  :laugh:)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYJKBnGZnMA

@libertybele

Wat,yu doan like thu way I sing hit?