Author Topic: REPORT: The DNC Wants Phone Companies To Police Text Messages For Vaccine Misinformation  (Read 1540 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
REPORT: The DNC Wants Phone Companies To Police Text Messages For Vaccine Misinformation

Dylan Housman
Healthcare Reporter
July 12, 2021 3:27 PM ET

The Democratic National Committee reportedly wants Short Message Service (SMS) carriers to step in and police private text messages as part of a new push against COVID-19 vaccine misinformation.

Allies of President Joe Biden, including the DNC, plan to “engage fact-checkers more aggressively” and work alongside phone companies to combat misinformation about vaccines shared via social media and private SMS messages, according to a Monday report from Politico.

White House officials are particularly frustrated with the characterization by some Republicans of their door-to-door pro-vaccination campaign, according to the report.

https://twitter.com/VinceCoglianese/status/1414651982288199681

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/07/12/joe-biden-dnc-vaccine-misinformation-covid-19-coronavirus/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

That would make the phone companies state actors, and their actions therefore unconstitutional.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Truth is relative, not absolute.  If I believe it, it's true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
"misinformation"

Facebook hid my post that linked to the WHO's recommendation for people under 18 because it didn't recommend people under 18 get vaccinated.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline berdie

That's interesting. Who really knows what is accurate information regarding the vaccine, or the virus for that matter, since it updates pretty regularly?

Offline dfwgator

Online rustynail

Texts are being read by others?  Could a massive texting of certain messages or words overwhelm their systems?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

‘Please tell me this is a typo’: Biden admin, DNC reportedly asking cell phone carriers to police TEXT MESSAGES for misinformation
Posted at 5:21 pm July 12, 2021
Twitchy
 by Doug P.
Just for an interesting mental juxtaposition, imagine the reaction on CNN, MSNBC and other outlets if this Politico story about what the Biden admin and the DNC are asking cell phone carriers to do:

https://twitter.com/natashakorecki/status/1414649629539450881

The story caught the attention of GOP Rep. Thomas Massie:

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1414674147435819013 ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

https://twitter.com/NoahCRothman/status/1414656603438133255

Noah Rothman @NoahCRothman
Yes, we can allay the concerns of the excessively paranoid by ... tracking the content they send via text message.
2:44 PM · Jul 12, 2021
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

https://twitter.com/NoahCRothman/status/1414656603438133255

Noah Rothman @NoahCRothman
Yes, we can allay the concerns of the excessively paranoid by ... tracking the content they send via text message.
2:44 PM · Jul 12, 2021

9999hair out0000 **nononono*
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Start by looking at policing Fauci's texts.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline roamer_1

That would make the phone companies state actors, and their actions therefore unconstitutional.

Or more likely, publishers. The minute they edit content, they are publishing, not merely providing a platform.
And that opens them to suit.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'd like every US politician who has risen in support and encouragement of freedom-loving Cubans to now do the same for freedom-loving Americans.

I'd like the RNC to join the Trump lawsuit against big tech --- and mean it.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Paging the GOP:  I'd like to know who the hell is being targeted here by our fourth branch of government:

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1414231472546881538

Offline PeteS in CA

A year ago Dem "leaders", including LIEden and Kammie, were telling Americans the Trump Vaccine could not be trusted. What a difference an election makes.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
The democrats consider they are in near complete control and not getting in lockstep is treason and people will be treated accordingly or purged-incarcerated.  Freedom of speech is becoming less than in some third world countries, our economy shaky.
Isn't it WONDERFUL SO MANY NEVERTRUMPERS CONVINCED SO MANY STOOGES/CLUELESS THAT bIDEN HAD TO BE BETTER THAN TRUMPS 2ND TERM IN OFFICE ? ? ?  Well how about it, is this better ? ? ?  The least you can do it thank NeverTrumpers, eh?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 12:24:45 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline roamer_1

Isn't it WONDERFUL SO MANY NEVERTRUMPERS CONVINCED SO MANY STOOGES/CLUELESS THAT bIDEN HAD TO BE BETTER THAN TRUMPS 2ND TERM IN OFFICE ? ? ?  Well how about it, is this better ? ? ?  The least you can do it thank NeverTrumpers, eh?

No, it ain't better. It's the damn same.

Online libertybele

The democrats consider they are in near complete control and not getting in lockstep is treason and people will be treated accordingly or purged-incarcerated.  Freedom of speech is becoming less than in some third world countries, our economy shaky.

IMO it's time to quit blaming one another which at this point is really unnecessary and accomplishes absolutely nothing.  Coming together and finding a solution to avoid having another stolen election is much more important and moves us in a much needed direction. Just sayin'
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Calling both sides equal is like calling Jesus Christ equivalent to Satan.  You won't see it by me.  Both sides are politicians,morally differing, apart. Lockstepping is not heavily favored in the Republican party.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 06:33:13 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline roamer_1

Calling both sides equal is like calling Jesus Christ equivalent to Satan.  You won't see it by me.  Both sides are politicians,morally differing, apart. Lockstepping is not heavily favored in the Republican party.

NONSENSE. Its the very damn same.

Call me when the Republicans learn what fiscal conservatism and libertarianism are. Because without em there is no dang difference except who's ox is getting gored.

Massive debt and liberty lost under Republicans, just like the Democrats are doing now.

Maybe if Tumpy went the other way by 10 or 20 trillion bucks... Maybe if Tumpy committed to smaller government.
But he didn't. He gave the Democrats bigger and more shameless government to work with.

And if you don't see it, we are doomed, and you are blind.

Offline Killer Clouds

And if you don't see it, we are doomed, and you are blind.
You must be facing a mirror when you say that.

Offline roamer_1

You must be facing a mirror when you say that.

No, I am facing y'all. Saying what I have all the damn way along. And I am right, as time will tell.