Author Topic: Top military official in Afghanistan to step down amid withdrawal  (Read 456 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Top military official in Afghanistan to step down amid withdrawal

The top United States general in Afghanistan is set to step down, as U.S. troops continue to withdraw from the country.

Gen. Austin Scott Miller will leave his post on Monday, and his command authorities will be given to Gen. Kenneth McKenzie, the leader of the U.S. Central Command, according to a Department of Defense official. Miller will relinquish his responsibility in a ceremony at the top U.S. military headquarters.

He is the war’s longest-serving senior U.S. officer, having served in his position since August 2018.

The troops will finish leaving Afghanistan on Aug. 31, President Joe Biden announced last Thursday. The date is 12 days earlier than his initial end date of Sept. 11, 2021, the 20 year anniversary of the terrorist attacks...................

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/top-general-step-down-afghanistan-military
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Top military official in Afghanistan to step down amid withdrawal
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 04:18:38 pm »
Nothing left to command.  Sounds like SOP.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 04:20:02 pm »
Hell of a job Austin.  Way to go.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 10:25:39 pm »
General Miller is probably quietly thinking to himself, "boy, am I glad THAT'S over..."