Author Topic: Abbott Gears Up for Potential Presidential Bid  (Read 373 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Abbott Gears Up for Potential Presidential Bid
« on: July 12, 2021, 12:43:29 pm »
 Abbott Gears Up for Potential Presidential Bid
Texas Special Session agenda includes hot-button conservative priorities.
by Caelan Elliott
July 11, 2021, 11:43 PM

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott may have had his sights set on America’s highest office before COVID. But decisions he made during the pandemic have left him scrambling to cement his image as a staunch conservative in order to win reelection in 2022 and reposition himself for a potential 2024 bid for the presidency. His Wednesday announcement that Texas’s Special Session agenda includes key conservative priorities like abortion, critical race theory, and border security is the latest in a series of measures intended to do just that.

Abbott’s mask mandates and business restrictions during the coronavirus pandemic left Texans outraged, with many repeatedly protesting the decisions outside his home. Since April 2020, Abbott’s highest approval rating of 56 percent overall and 88 percent within the Republican party has steadily declined and currently sits at 44 percent overall and 77 percent within the party.

Now Abbott faces an additional challenge from within the GOP for the 2022 gubernatorial election. Former state Sen. Don Huffines and former Texas GOP Chairman Allen West — who protested against Abbott’s coronavirus policies — will compete with Abbott in the Texas Republican primary, making it necessary for Abbott to aggressively act to shore up his base before then.

more
https://spectator.org/abbott-potential-presidential-bid/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Abbott Gears Up for Potential Presidential Bid
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 12:18:35 am »
Wasted money.
Wasted time.
He should stick with governor'in for Texas.
Or... possibly run for the Senate. He'd be better'n Cornyn.

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 06:40:04 am »
Several folks on this board from Texas have labelled Gov Abbott a RINO.  If he remotely is a RINO, he has zero chance for becoming POTUS.

As it was said about FDR.  Had there been TV back then, no way he would have become POTUS.  Today, not much has changed.  Abbott has zero chance to become POTUS.  Although we did just elect a man dead from the neck up, so maybe I am wrong.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 12:54:33 pm »
Let's not also forget the wasted years of not addressing the border situation where he permitted many thousands of illegals to come into Texas, some of which raped and pillaged our citizens.

His response was very belated.

His #1 goal is to protect Texas citizens, regardless of what the feds do.

And he has never taken responsibility for the disastrous winter freeze that devastated Texas, partially through the political patronage positions he placed on the PUC.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 12:56:19 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2021, 01:46:18 pm »
Uhhhhhhhhhhh, no.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2021, 02:17:57 pm »
Between COVID response and the Freeze debacle, I am thinking Abbott really should just focus on keeping his present post.  He just hasn't had a good year.

Even Col. West the Carpetbagger sees that he is vunerable, and has announced a primary challenge
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 02:18:43 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2021, 03:04:01 pm »
Between COVID response and the Freeze debacle, I am thinking Abbott really should just focus on keeping his present post.  He just hasn't had a good year.

Even Col. West the Carpetbagger sees that he is vunerable, and has announced a primary challenge

West got in the race to protect Abbott from genuinely conservative Don Huffines who has also announced.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien