Author Topic: Trump easily wins CPAC 2024 GOP presidential nomination straw poll  (Read 766 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Trump easily wins CPAC 2024 GOP presidential nomination straw poll

Former Presidentv Donald Trump easily won the 2024 GOP presidential nomination poll at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) gathering this weekend in Texas.

Trump, who’s repeatedly flirted with making another presidential run in 2024 to try and return to the White House, captured 70% of ballots cast in the anonymous straw poll, according to results announced by CPAC on Sunday afternoon.

That's a boost from the 55% support he won in the hypothetical 2024 Republican primary matchup straw poll at CPAC Orlando in late February.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis came in a distant second, at 21%. No one else among the 19 potential 2024 Republican White House contenders topped 1%. .................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-easily-wins-cpac-2024-gop-presidential-nomination-straw-poll
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Trump easily wins CPAC 2024 GOP presidential nomination straw poll
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 10:03:27 pm »
Cruz polled at just 1% (which I found very disheartening). Perhaps that's why he decided to skip CPAC though he said he had prior family engagements.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 10:17:42 pm »
70%... to 21%.

Next....?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2021, 10:35:22 pm »
70%... to 21%.

Next....?

A lot can happen between now and then and Trump isn't a young man.  Suppose he decides not to run?  DeSantis has already stated that he will seek re-election for the governor seat.  It's not like the GOP has an overwhelming number of conservatives.  Likely then the choice will be Mittens and the usual GOPe line up.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2021, 11:33:27 pm »
Trump becomes the nominee in 2024 and Biden will win a second term
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2021, 11:39:47 pm »
Trump will suck all the air out of the room until he unambiguously declines a second run.  That's not a criticism of Trump, it's a fact.

But it places accountability on him to clarify his intentions early.
James 1:20

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2021, 11:44:23 pm »

IMHO, he won't get the GOP nomination.  Ronna is still heading the RNC and along with the GOP, they have done nothing to ensure election integrity.  Uncle Mittens will got the nod.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2021, 11:46:23 pm »
Trump will suck all the air out of the room until he unambiguously declines a second run.  That's not a criticism of Trump, it's a fact.

But it places accountability on him to clarify his intentions early.

Early?  How early?  He's already stated that he's committed to winning back the House in 2022...so I don't think he'll be making that announcement anytime soon.

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2021, 11:56:19 pm »
Early?  How early?  He's already stated that he's committed to winning back the House in 2022...so I don't think he'll be making that announcement anytime soon.

That's a fair question.  We shouldn't expect any potential candidates to make announcements until the mid-terms are over; Trump and all the others should be focused on winning Congressional majorities.

But once the mid-terms are over attention will shift to the primaries.  I'm no political consultant, but to allow for other candidates to organize if he declines a second run, I think Trump should announce by early April 2023.  This would be three months earlier than his mid-July 2015 escalator ride.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2021, 12:29:23 am »
That's a fair question.  We shouldn't expect any potential candidates to make announcements until the mid-terms are over; Trump and all the others should be focused on winning Congressional majorities.

But once the mid-terms are over attention will shift to the primaries.  I'm no political consultant, but to allow for other candidates to organize if he declines a second run, I think Trump should announce by early April 2023.  This would be three months earlier than his mid-July 2015 escalator ride.

I listened to part of his speech at CPAC and it was typical focusing on the wrongs that happened and Biden's failures. That's all fine and good, but so far he is being seen by many as the leader of the GOP.  IMO he needs to start figuring out a way to lead the GOP to victory --- and IMO he needs to puts his 'army' of 75,000,000 boots on the ground to work and get them to become precinct captains, supervisors, etc ., otherwise, we'll see a repeat of another stolen election.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2021, 12:37:58 am »
Stuck on stupid. There goes another election.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2021, 12:44:04 am »
I listened to part of his speech at CPAC and it was typical focusing on the wrongs that happened and Biden's failures. That's all fine and good, but so far he is being seen by many as the leader of the GOP.  IMO he needs to start figuring out a way to lead the GOP to victory --- and IMO he needs to puts his 'army' of 75,000,000 boots on the ground to work and get them to become precinct captains, supervisors, etc ., otherwise, we'll see a repeat of another stolen election.

While that's a nice thought, his 2016 campaign was criticized for lacking this exact kind of "ground game".  Trump's campaign style is all about holding big rallies, not building an organization that can provide the incremental attention to detail you're calling for; I haven't seen anything to convince me that he is willing or able to develop this kind of organized ground game.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 12:45:54 am by HoustonSam »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2021, 12:49:58 am »
While that's a nice thought, his 2016 campaign was criticized for lacking this exact kind of "ground game".  Trump's campaign style is all about holding big rallies, not building an organization that can provide the incremental attention to detail you're calling for; I haven't seen anything to convince me that he is willing or able to develop this kind of organized ground game.

Agreed, I don't see him developing a different ground game either.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2021, 01:08:11 pm »

Where to begin. First, this "statement" is simply someone being a NeverTrumper...no reasoning, no data to support such a statement. Just toss out a certainty of what they KNOW will happen to derail a Trump candidacy. Reminds me of 2016 when a lot of NT's were saying..."if we nominate Trump than Hillary is a lock to win the Presidency". Such statements are essentially mini-temper tantrums that hope to sway some folks from backing Trump. Sad thing is, these same folks having the tantrum either don't vote...vote for a 3rd party idiot...or vote Dem....thus generating a self-fulfilling prophecy.

First, its very unlikely Biden runs in 2024...its getting increasingly hard to hide his dementia now. In 3 years the man will be drooling into his chicken noodle soup. His likely...almost certain...successor is Kamala Harris who couldn't even get out of the low single digits in a Democratic primary in 2016....and her popularity has DECREASED since that time. She is terrible on her feet in debates, has no gravitas, and is the favorite candidate of ZERO constituency groups within the Dem party.

All that said, its a long journey to 2024. President Trump WILL almost certainly run and will tear through the GOP primaries like a whirlwind. Nobody serious is going to even challenge him because he is THAT beloved within the GOP base. In the general, he will have a tremendous amount of ammo for his positions...the border will still be in meltdown, crime will still be elevated, the economy will still be stuck in the weird limbo its in now even though it should be booming, and our foreign policy will have resulted in the fall of Afghanistan to the Taliban-a rising Iranian power-and a returned caliphate in Syria/Northwestern Iraq.

President Trump will not only be running in 2024, he will be the odds on favorite to retake the White House. There are no certainties in politics but the man is better positioned to win than any GOP candidate since Reagan 1984.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 01:11:17 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2021, 01:17:56 pm »
Couple things to point out about the CPAC straw poll.

If the CPAC poll actually determined the GOP nominee then Ron Paul at some point would have been the nominee.

Ted Cruz won the 2016 poll.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2021, 02:00:44 pm »
Couple things to point out about the CPAC straw poll.

If the CPAC poll actually determined the GOP nominee then Ron Paul at some point would have been the nominee.

Ted Cruz won the 2016 poll.

I agree that CPAC polls are essentially meaningless. What IS meaningful is President Trump's support amongst the GOP base. That's not going away...and its why he IS the nominee for 2024. People should get used to that idea.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2021, 02:19:24 pm »
Like the horrible orange man or hate him, he says what needs to be said.  God bless him!

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2021, 02:51:27 pm »
Like the horrible orange man or hate him, he says what needs to be said.  God bless him!

And this is PRECISELY where the NT crowd goes wrong...they don't understand why people support President Trump. They try to be condescending and attribute it to some sort of blind "orange man" worship, or presume that Trump supporters are a set of easily "hornswoggled" unwashed miscreants who can't wait to purchase snake oil. Wrong, wrong...and wrong.

Trump supporters aren't "believing in" Trump...nor are they swayed or obeisant to him in any way. Quite the opposite...Trump is giving voice to what conservative voters deeply want and believe. That's the big secret that the Left and NT's don't get....Trump is the tool of the GOP base, not the other way around. He is as expendable as ANY politician should he stop giving voice to that base and its issues...but as long as he speaks the truth of the base he will have the support of the base.