Author Topic: Americans Have Good Reason Not to Trust the Media  (Read 392 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Americans Have Good Reason Not to Trust the Media
« on: July 11, 2021, 11:50:37 pm »
Americans Have Good Reason Not to Trust the Media

https://townhall.com/columnists/michaelbrown/2021/07/10/americans-have-good-reason-not-to-trust-the-media-n2592316

According to a recent survey conducted by Rasmussen Reports, “58% of Likely U.S. Voters at least somewhat agree that the media are ‘truly the enemy of the people,’ including 34% who Strongly Agree.”

If these statistics are accurate, this means that this extreme level of distrust cannot simply be blamed on former President Trump’s rhetoric, from his calling the mainstream media “fake news” to referring to the media as “the enemy of the people.” The distrust must go deeper than that.

In fact, the numbers would indicate that there is distrust of both the leftwing media as well as the rightwing media. ...
Just ask your average Republican if they trust CNN or your average Democrat if they trust Fox, and you’re like to get the same answer from both, something like, “Are you kidding?”

This is not to claim equivalency between, say, CNN and Fox (hey, Fox never turned disgraced lawyer Michael Avenatti into a folk hero; this montage is a must watch). But it is to say there is a reason that the mistrust and suspicion is so high.
Even the left’s incessant bashing of Trump, coupled with withholding stories that would make him look good and failing to report on relevant news that would make his opponents look bad, has likely resulted in the especially steep decline in CNN viewers (to give one case in point). Over the top, even dishonest reporting can only last so long.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online LMAO

Re: Americans Have Good Reason Not to Trust the Media
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 12:23:20 am »
If I owned any of these news organizations, this survey would concern me and I would try to find a way to rebuild that trust

The media not only seems to not care but goes out of it's way to increase that mistrust
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 01:00:27 am »
If I owned any of these news organizations, this survey would concern me and I would try to find a way to rebuild that trust

The media not only seems to not care but goes out of it's way to increase that mistrust

The media is out to fulfill the liberal agenda.  IMO, it is the media that got Bammy elected.  He was pretty much an unknown first term senator....he/they had the media on their side.  The media changed significantly at that time and there are very few true journalists anymore.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 01:07:10 am »

The problem is that most of these companies have absentee ownership, with mass amounts of stock held by institutional investment firms that don't give a flying hoot what goes on so long as the stock price keeps going up (and that doesn't even necessarily require profit anymore). That's especially true of CNN.

Fox, CBS, NBC... they're a little different in that the Lucky Sperm Club controls those firms. Murdochs, Redstones and Robertses respectively. They have the stock structure rigged in their favor (just like Zuckerberg does with Facebook) so they can manipulate things however they want.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 02:39:07 am »
The media is out to fulfill the liberal agenda.  IMO, it is the media that got Bammy elected.  He was pretty much an unknown first term senator....he/they had the media on their side.  The media changed significantly at that time and there are very few true journalists anymore.
Thats right. The media has voluntarily become part of the government machine now. Gotta be the first time in history a free press has given up its sovereignty of its own accord.

And since our republic requires a free press to function successfully it means our system is no longer functional.