Author Topic: Biden under pressure to pick new breed of federal prosecutors  (Read 326 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden under pressure to pick new breed of federal prosecutors
By Harper Neidig - 07/11/21 11:00 AM EDT

President Biden is under pressure to expand his criminal justice reform efforts to include the dozens of U.S. attorney offices across the country that prosecute federal crimes.

Advocates have applauded Biden's criminal justice agenda, such as his plans to increase the number of former public defenders on the federal bench, but stress that the same priorities should be applied when selecting prosecutors to oversee the country's 93 districts.

Rachel Barkow, a professor at the New York University School of Law, says that because of the power that prosecutors wield, Biden’s appointments could make or break his reform agenda.

“It wouldn't be enough to just focus on the courts as the place where you're committed to diversifying and getting a reform minded perspective in there,” Barkow said. “You absolutely have to have the same attitude when it comes to the U.S. attorneys’ posts.”

“You can't have a reform agenda, like the one that you committed to on the campaign trail, if you don't have people in those offices who are going to carry that out,” she added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/562364-biden-under-pressure-to-pick-new-breed-of-federal-prosecutors
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Biden under pressure to pick new breed of federal prosecutors
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 03:31:40 pm »
If the past is any indication, whenever the left seeks anything regarding criminal justice reform crime goes up
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 07:16:08 pm »
What's new about it?  National Prosecutors have been far left activists attacking conservatives since the O'Bastard years. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2021, 08:33:38 pm »
They are simply sayng, the PURGES must continue in every facet of government, and at the moment concentrating on Federal prosecutors.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2021, 10:21:29 pm »
"Biden under pressure to pick new breed of federal prosecutors"

Yup.
A "new breed"... that only prosecutes white people.