Author Topic: ‘Bunch of guns’ found in hotel room near MLB All-Star Game, cops feared possible ‘Las Vegas-style’ s  (Read 2168 times)

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't need no damn permission. And I'd reckon, neither do you, @sneakypete  :beer:

@roamer_1

True story. Where CC was being considered,the decision was left in the hands of the local sheriffs.  If the majority of the sheriff's said "yes",it was a done deal. If they said "no",it wasn't going to happen.

My local sheriff was said to be on the edge,so I drove up to the courthouse,went in his office,and asked him what the hell was wrong with him. He and I had known each other casually for years,going back to when we both lived in another county and he was a deputy there.

He said "I'm not sure I feel comfortable with people carrying concealed guns. It has been legal for years to carry openly,so why conceal them?"

My reply to him was "Hell,I've been carrying concealed the whole damn time you have known me. I have a 3 inch 44 Special in my pocket right now. Wanna see it?"

When he said "No,that's not necessary," I asked him "Can you SERIOUSLY look me in the eye and tell me you are afraid of me being able to legally carry a concealed weapon?"

That was when he told me he had decided to support it,and I had BETTER have my ass standing in his office the first day it became legal to apply for a permit."

He even called me on the phone the night before it became legal and told me "Be in my office at 9 am tomorrow morning so I can personally fingerprint you and send your application to the state."

I was,and when he got though with the paper work,he told his secretary "Give him any a permit to get any damn thing he asks for,including machine guns. Go ahead and sign my name without asking. He gets blanket approval for anything he wants."

Granted,looking back on it,going into his office carrying a concealed revolver and telling him I had it wasn't the most clever move I ever made,but it worked.

BTW,I truthfully told him and his secretary to never worry about me asking for a MG permit. I hate the damn things. They are ok for people that want them,but I am NOT one of those people.

I am a member of the "take aim and hit what the hell you want to shoot" clan,not the "spray and pray" clan.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 03:08:58 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

True story. Where CC was being considered,the decision was left in the hands of the local sheriffs.  If the majority of the sheriff's said "yes",it was a done deal. If they said "no",it wasn't going to happen.

My local sheriff was said to be on the edge,so I drove up to the courthouse,went in his office,and asked him what the hell was wrong with him. He and I had known each other casually for years,going back to when we both lived in another county and he was a deputy there.

He said "I'm not sure I feel comfortable with people carrying concealed guns. It has been legal for years to carry openly,so why conceal them?"

My reply to him was "Hell,I've been carrying concealed the whole damn time you have known me. I have a 3 inch 44 Special in my pocket right now. Wanna see it?"

When he said "No,that's not necessary," I asked him "Can you SERIOUSLY look me in the eye and tell me you are afraid of me being able to legally carry a concealed weapon?"

That was when he told me he had decided to support it,and I had BETTER have my ass standing in his office the first day it became legal to apply for a permit."

He even called me on the phone the night before it became legal and told me "Be in my office at 9 am tomorrow morning so I can personally fingerprint you and send your application to the state."

I was,and when he got though with the paper work,he told his secretary "Give him any a permit to get any damn thing he asks for,including machine guns. Go ahead and sign my name without asking. He gets blanket approval for anything he wants."

Granted,looking back on it,going into his office carrying a concealed revolver and telling him I had it wasn't the most clever move I ever made,but it worked.

BTW,I truthfully told him and his secretary to never worry about me asking for a MG permit. I hate the damn things. They are ok for people that want them,but I am NOT one of those people.

I am a member of the "take aim and hit what the hell you want to shoot" clan,not the "spray and pray" clan.

A but different than me @sneakypete ... Typically I am law abiding, and usually cops can count on my support (and that has been required a time or two).... But there is considerable gray area where the cops don't ask, because they don't want to know.

I can go bandit at a moments notice, and I function just fine on the other side of the line,. And I will never have a permit, nor will they ever know what I have, nor will I ever turn them in, felony or not, laws passed or not. I will go right down the hoot owl trail for that.

Some things you do not mess with, and one of them is my right to defend myself and feed myself.

So that ever happens up in here, they can go pound sand. Though I am pretty safe in saying everybody up here would say the same dang thing, including the sheriff and the governor.

TWO of my guns are sacrificial - registered, because no one would believe a guy like me would have none. They are bought specifically for the purpose of looking like I am in compliance. But I have caches up in the woods they ain't gonna find, and by the time I am up in the holler, I guarantee they won't find them or me.

I WILL NOT COMPLY.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 04:23:37 am by roamer_1 »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
A but different than me @sneakypete ... Typically I am law abiding, and usually cops can count on my support (and that has been required a time or two).... But there is considerable gray area where the cops don't ask, because they don't want to know.

I can go bandit at a moments notice, and I function just fine on the other side of the line,. And I will never have a permit, nor will they ever know what I have, nor will I ever turn them in, felony or not, laws passed or not. I will go right down the hoot owl trail for that.

Some things you do not mess with, and one of them is my right to defend myself and feed myself.

So that ever happens up in here, they can go pound sand. Though I am pretty safe in saying everybody up here would say the same dang thing, including the sheriff and the governor.

TWO of my guns are sacrificial - registered, because no one would believe a guy like me would have none. They are bought specifically for the purpose of looking like I am in compliance. But I have caches up in the woods they ain't gonna find, and by the time I am up in the holler, I guarantee they won't find them or me.

I WILL NOT COMPLY.

@roamer_1

I don't own anything illegal and I don't deny owning a single damn thing I own. If they want it,let them come and try to take from me,KNOWING there is a price to be paid for doing such a thing.

IF they are your RIGHTS,you stand up for them.

If you  don't,it won't be long before they are priviliges,not rights.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

I don't own anything illegal and I don't deny owning a single damn thing I own. If they want it,let them come and try to take from me,KNOWING there is a price to be paid for doing such a thing.

IF they are your RIGHTS,you stand up for them.

If you  don't,it won't be long before they are priviliges,not rights.

@sneakypete

Yeah... Hills to de on are counterproductive... Maybe you and me are different critters. I ain't made for that mindset. I am a hunter, born and bred.A tracker and trapper that functions without supply lines. Take me out of that element, and I am near useless.  But in that element, I will hold my own.

I will stand alright... In the woods, from cover, a few hundred yards off, with an exit plan. And live to do it again. I am too damn old to do otherwise.

Barking about it is fine, till barking won't do. If the barking is done, the hunting begins. It's all I know.

And that requires forethought, and that's why the caches... Which I do ANYWAY, not because I am looking for war - But because I might be caught out, and them caches are closer than town.

Nothing I own is illegal, and every purchase was proper... There is no law here that i report those transactions. Not that I would anyway.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Yeah... Hills to de on are counterproductive... Maybe you and me are different critters. I ain't made for that mindset. I am a hunter, born and bred.A tracker and trapper that functions without supply lines. Take me out of that element, and I am near useless.  But in that element, I will hold my own.

I will stand alright... In the woods, from cover, a few hundred yards off, with an exit plan. And live to do it again. I am too damn old to do otherwise.

Barking about it is fine, till barking won't do. If the barking is done, the hunting begins. It's all I know.

And that requires forethought, and that's why the caches... Which I do ANYWAY, not because I am looking for war - But because I might be caught out, and them caches are closer than town.

Nothing I own is illegal, and every purchase was proper... There is no law here that i report those transactions. Not that I would anyway.

@roamer_1

I am old,crippled up,and couldn't run 50 feet if you set me on fire.

If the come for mine,they are going to have to take them.

Offline skeeter

@roamer_1

If push comes to shove where I live it can only end one way. So when & if the toadies come the writing for me is on the wall.

If I owned any weapons, of course.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 03:52:50 pm by skeeter »

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

@sneakypete

I can respect that. I am angling for one more play...Which us why I am working so hard to get back up on the mountain. Might not be in the cards for me either... Whereupon I might be thinking like you.

But for now, I have a family to protect, and the only way I can see fit to do that is up in the holler. I am establishing a rear base for them, more than for me, if it ever comes to pass. So long as I still can, that is what I will be doing. Once I have a place for my kin to come to, then I will worry about what's next.

Offline PeteS in CA

If push comes to shove where I live it can only end one way. So when & if the toadies come the writing for me is on the wall.

If I owned any weapons, of course.

There's always Vasona Lake and Lexington Reservoir ......
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

There's always Vasona Lake and Lexington Reservoir ......
Lol yeah there's that. But our glorious leaders have made it a crime to a) not report a loss of a firearm in real time and b) falsely report the loss of a firearm.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 04:39:03 pm by skeeter »

Online mountaineer

Lol yeah there's that. But our glorious leaders have made it a crime to a) not report a loss of a firearm in real time and b) falsely report the loss of a firearm.
It just happened. Honest.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org