Author Topic: U.S. Supreme Court Updates Harris Eligibility Case Docket  (Read 640 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
U.S. Supreme Court Updates Harris Eligibility Case Docket
« on: July 10, 2021, 11:38:00 pm »
The Post & Email 7/10/2021

The U.S. Supreme Court has acknowledged receipt of a petition for rehearing in the case of Laity v. Harris, 20-1503, which claims that former U.S. Senator from California Kamala Harris is not eligible to serve as the nation’s vice president.

An observer noted that the Court posted the update on Thursday, July 8. As stated on the calendar, the Court held the last oral arguments of its “October 2020” term in April, adjourning for its customary three-month summer break earlier this month.

“In May and June the Court sits only to announce orders and opinions,” the Court’s website states. “The Court recesses at the end of June, but the work of the Justices is unceasing. During the summer they continue to analyze new petitions for review, consider motions and applications, and must make preparations for cases scheduled for fall argument.”

More: https://www.thepostemail.com/2021/07/10/u-s-supreme-court-updates-harris-eligibility-case-docket/

Online libertybele

Re: U.S. Supreme Court Updates Harris Eligibility Case Docket
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 11:41:02 pm »
Well,  that would be one way to get rid of Kamel.  Joe steps down ... and they put who they really want in office.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 02:32:58 am »
Well,  that would be one way to get rid of Kamel.  Joe steps down ... and they put who they really want in office.
Agnew resigned, Ford became veep, Nixon Resigned, Ford became Prez. I think Rockefeller was the one who was supposed to be squeaked into the oval office, but Ford wouldn't step down, despite the cartoons of him with the band-aid on his head, and Rockefeller passed...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 11:32:45 am »
SCOTUS Denies Petition to Rehear Harris Eligibility Case

The Post & Email 8/3/2021

https://www.thepostemail.com/2021/08/03/scotus-denies-petition-to-rehear-harris-eligibility-case/
On Monday the U.S. Supreme Court posted a denial of a petition to rehear a case it dismissed in June alleging Kamala Harris is not eligible to serve as the nation’s vice president or president.

The plaintiff in the case, Robert C. Laity, believes Harris does not meet the definition of “natural born Citizen,” one of three requirements the Founders placed in Article II of the U.S. Constitution for the office of president.

The ratification of the 12th Amendment in 1804 extended presidential requirements to all vice-presidential candidates.

Prior to Laity’s appeal to the Supreme Court in April, lower courts ruled Laity lacked “standing” to bring the case without arriving at the underlying constitutional question.

Should the high court deny his petition to rehear, Laity said in May, he has a “Plan B.”

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 01:14:57 pm »
SCOTUS Denies Petition to Rehear Harris Eligibility Case

The Post & Email 8/3/2021

https://www.thepostemail.com/2021/08/03/scotus-denies-petition-to-rehear-harris-eligibility-case/

So somebody tell me just what SCOTUS is good for these days.  Not a damned thing as far as I can tell!   TEXIT
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien