Author Topic: CNN medical analyst suggests life 'needs to be hard' for unvaccinated Americans  (Read 2242 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Kroger, Walgreens, CVS, and Hy-Vee are all over the US, though I'm not sure Kroger and Hy-Vee operate in California. Unsuccessful

You were telling me how close they are to you. Not so, here. Piss off.
I am not getting the jab, nor the test. and bleep any sonofabitch who thinks they can make me.

Nearest Kroger (Smith's, actually) is 227 miles away in Wyoming.
Wahlgrens just says none within 50 miles.
Nearest CVS 130 miles
No Hy-Vee (never heard of them) in the State.

Gee, Pete, we don't have a Disneyland, either. Hoodathunkit?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 02:54:06 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

CNN medical contributor Dr. Leana Wen
Oh, I just remembered I don't take medical advice from Planned Parenthood's mass murderers.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Hoodat

https://questdirect.questdiagnostics.com/products/covid-19-immune-response/b580e541-78a5-48a6-b17b-7bad949dcb57

The Quest Diagnostics location I use is ~5 minutes' drive from my home.

CVS - https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/services/covid-19-antibody-testing

Labcorp (available through Walgreens) - https://www.labcorp.com/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/individuals/antibody-test

Kroger - https://www.kroger.com/health/pharmacy/covid-care

Hy-Vee - https://www.hy-vee.com/my-pharmacy/services/covid-19-testing

I live in Metro ATL.   CVS won't test you unless you lie about having symptoms or coming in direct contact with an infected person.  Antibody tests are available from private clinics, both they cost money and are not recognized as a certificate of immunity by our government.  They are still telling people who have survived the virus and who have robust immunity cell counts that they have to get vaccinated just like everyone else.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

Good Lord.  She's a full-blown fascist.

Offline PeteS in CA

I live in Metro ATL.   CVS won't test you unless you lie about having symptoms or coming in direct contact with an infected person.  Antibody tests are available from private clinics, both they cost money and are not recognized as a certificate of immunity by our government.  They are still telling people who have survived the virus and who have robust immunity cell counts that they have to get vaccinated just like everyone else.

An antibody test is different from a test for Covid (e.g. a PCR test). An antibody test determines whether the person tested had and recovered from Covid. Tests for Covid are irrelevant to what I posted.

Where did I say antibody tests are free? If you bother to click the Quest Diagnostics link I posted you would see that it does cost $$, though at least some health plans would cover it. Why the irrelevancy?

I never suggested antibody tests "are recognized as a certificate of immunity by our government". Why are you bringing up another irrelevancy? Another moving of the goalposts?

As to "telling people who have survived the virus and who have robust immunity cell counts that they have to get vaccinated", why are you bringing in yet another irrelevancy? Your original claim to which I responded was that antibody tests are being discouraged. What's with all the goal-post-moving?

I am not getting the jab, nor the test. and bleep any sonofabitch who thinks they can make me.

Nearest CVS 130 miles

You claimed antibody tests are almost impossible to find, just like machine guns. My post gave examples of how easily available antibody tests are, not an exhaustive list. And just as a reminder, I have never advocated: mandatory universal testing for Covid; mandatory universal testing for Covid antibodies; mandatory universal vaccination. Your apparent insinuation that I have is a straw man. Follow your own rude invitation.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 04:56:02 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Hoodat

An antibody test is different from a test for Covid (e.g. a PCR test). An antibody test determines whether the person tested had and recovered from Covid. Is that news to you?

News?  Absolutely not.  It is what I have been calling for since Day One.  It is the only test that provides any substantive value to this entire epidemic.  People with positive antibody tests should have been put on the front line from the very beginning.  They should have been allowed to travel, go maskless, eat at restaurants, attend sporting events, and most importantly of all, help, care for, and protect those infected.  And under no circumstances should any of them be subjected to an experimental spike protein vaccine.

Did our government emphasize any of this?  Nope.  Instead, they demanded these people be just as fearful as everyone else, staying locked up in their homes wearing two masks while they wait in line to get vaccinated.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

Good Lord.  She's a full-blown fascist.

That's almost a pre-requisite for being president of PP, which she was. She seems to be one of those hyper-educated people who never received much education in wisdom.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Hoodat

Tests for Covid are irrelevant to what I posted.

That wasn't directed at you.  Just citing my CVS experience.  My apologies for the confusion.

Where did I say antibody tests are free?

You didn't say it, nor did I ever accuse you of saying it.  I simply pointed out how our government subsidized the cost of super-sensitive SARS-2 tests, but failed to subsidize the crucially more important antibody tests.  In other words, they encouraged one type of testing while discouraging the other.

I never suggested antibody tests "are recognized as a certificate of immunity by our government". Why are you bringing up another irrelevancy? Another moving of the goalposts?

I never accused you of such.  (See:  Moving goal posts)

As to "telling people who have survived the virus and who have robust immunity cell counts that they have to get vaccinated", why are you bringing in yet another irrelevancy?

It is EXACTLY what our government has done.

Your original claim to which I responded was that antibody tests are being discouraged. What's with all the goal-post-moving?

They have been discouraged.  For well over a year now.  Your response was from the FDA which had absolutely positively nothing to do with what I said.  Your argument was essentially that the fact that an FDA-approved test exists proves that the government isn't discouraging the tests even though they are picking up the full costs of competing tests, choosing one over the other.

So when you visit your local health department in your car to get a "FREE" parking lot test, and you tell them you want an antibody test instead, what do they say?  Do they give you one free of charge right then and there?  Or do they tell you 'no'?  As someone who has personally requested one, I can testify that the latter response is quite discouraging.

You claimed antibody tests are almost impossible to find, just like machine guns.

Nope.  Never said they were almost impossible to find.  Never mentioned machine guns either.

My post gave examples of how easily available antibody tests are, not an exhaustive list.

I know they are available.  But they aren't subsidized by the government like the overly-sensitive SARS-2 tests are, which means I have to pay the full cost.  And they don't mean anything as far as the government is concerned.  No one at the CDC is posting stats on how many people are walking around with antibodies against the virus itself.  And for months now, they have flat out buried research data showing the robustness of the natural human immune response to SARS-2.  Instead, they have been out there lying about how SARS-2 survivors need to mask up, isolate, and get vaccinated just like everyone else, demonstrating that an antibody test holds no value.

And just as a reminder, I have never advocated: mandatory universal testing for Covid; mandatory universal testing for Covid antibodies; mandatory universal vaccination. Your apparent insinuation that I have is a straw man. Follow your own rude invitation.

Never suggested that you did.  Never.  Not once.  Not sure why you are choosing to change the subject by replacing it with a false accusation.   (See:  Strawman)

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That's almost a pre-requisite for being president of PP, which she was. She seems to be one of those hyper-educated people who never received much education in wisdom.

She was some kinda "prodigy" born in China.  Moved here at 8 y/o.  Seems she was somewhat normal about the time she hooked up with a fascist and got hitched.  But the transformation is complete.  She's a gone girl.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

Just so there is no more confusion, I would like to summarize my position for the record.

I DO NOT TRUST OUR GOVERNMENT. 

They are pushing an agenda here.  They are choosing sides with our tax money.  They are withholding crucial scientific data from us.  And people are dying as a result.

And at the same time, I do not trust their enablers in the media.

btw, still waiting for the first scientific study proving that cloth masks protect individuals from airborne viruses.
Still waiting to hear why UV radiation in HVAC systems is not being encouraged.
Still waiting to know why in 2020 the CDC did an about-face on anti-parasitic drugs, reversing their 15-year supportive stance while offering no scientific evidence to support their decision.
And I'm still waiting to hear the scientific reason why survivors still have to wear masks and get vaccinated.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Here is Fauci less than two weeks ago:

Fauci says he's not going to waste his time with an antibody test and neither should you

Hilary Brueck   |   Jun 30, 2021, 8:43 AM

Do you still think the government isn't discouraging antibody tests?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

Nearest CVS 130 miles

Heck, I got a Smith's and a Walgreens right here in town... Maybe I should start puttin on airs... Didn't know we were so sophisticated all up in here.

Not that it matters any damn little bit.
That crap ain't going in me either.

Offline art.prout

Just so there is no more confusion, I would like to summarize my position for the record.

They are pushing an agenda here.  They are choosing sides with our tax money.  They are withholding crucial scientific data from us.  And people are dying as a result.

And at the same time, I do not trust their enablers in the media.

btw, still waiting for the first scientific study proving that cloth masks protect individuals from airborne viruses.
Still waiting to hear why UV radiation in HVAC systems is not being encouraged.
Still waiting to know why in 2020 the CDC did an about-face on anti-parasitic drugs, reversing their 15-year supportive stance while offering no scientific evidence to support their decision.
And I'm still waiting to hear the scientific reason why survivors still have to wear masks and get vaccinated.

Hear, hear!

Offline roamer_1

YEP.

Redneck 101.
Conservative 101.

So count me twice.  :beer: :patriot: :seeya: